V

She stared at me in shock. She seemed confused but she looked like she was conjuring all sorts of ways to speak to me. "What do you mean? We were chatting, you fell asleep, so I went to bed as well. And now it's morning" she said this with a calm voice. It was technically the truth but not the side I wanted. "I mean after I fell asleep, I need your prospective of it," she just looked at me now in anguish. She glared at Mason who was snickering at her. "He told you, didn't he?" she said pointing at Mason who was watching from his bed now. "No." I hadn't said anything just watched from a different room. "Lin just tell me what happened, I'm not mad" I told her. I added the 'I'm not mad' so that she would answer me easier.

She sighed and moved from in front of me to beside me on my bed, she sat next to me and I adjusted to look at her. She seemed to look me up and down. I had to mention I did as well, but just to assess the situation. I wasn't angry she had kissed me. Nor was I going to yell at her for hurting Mason. "I kissed you as you slept, okay? Is that what you're after?" She crossed her arms and legs at the same time. "I'm not here to tell you off, Lin." I told her calmly, reaching my arm out and placing my hand on her right knee as she stares at me. I could feel Mason's gaze behind her grow stronger as we sat.

"Mills, I love you so much. Please know that. I don't care if you care or not" she spoke to me softly, as if she wasn't the one who started a fight not too long ago. I couldn't return her confession yet, but I could respect it. I didn't know how to feel about these 3. She got up, I could her anger in her footsteps as she left the room. As she opened the door and walked out, in the side of my eye I saw Mason smirking. Why did both of them hate each other so much? I glared at Mason who was still looking at the door. He turned to me and gave me a smile.

"What is with you and Lin? Why do you hate each other so much!" I asked Mason, getting up. At this point I was thankful that Ash and Martin weren't inside the room. He stood up as well and began walking over to me. He stopped right in front of me and put his hand on my shoulder. I flinched in pain because it was the shoulder that was hit by Lin. "Lin's gotten into your head, Millie," He began. He moved his hand from my shoulder to my neck. 

 "She hit you, I don't even remember her saying she was sorry," He moved a little closer to me. He was now about a foot away from me. I stared at the ground. He's right, she never apologized for it. If what Mason muttered earlier was true - that she hit me on instinct. What part of her instincts did that, how could she be so violent all of a sudden? We don't even know her backstory. I was so focused on Mason's backstory that I never asked her. Could Lindsey actually be the psycho of this story? No, of course not. That's a terrible plotline. 

Mason stood there, hand on my neck. I was lost in thought when he moved his hand up to my cheek. "You know that Lindsey's been starting the fights with me, right?" His voice filled the silence of the room. I gazed up at him as I had found myself staring at the floor, lost in thought. "She's jealous of our relationship." He smiled at me. We had no relationship; we never spoke to each other ever. He only ever spoke up to talk about my family, not me.

I pushed his hand from my cheek and stepped back. Crossing my arms, I stared at him and sighed. "We have no relationship, Mason; we don't even speak to each other." His eyes seemed to stare into my soul. I could definitely tell he had something to say. Even his eyes couldn't hold back the truth. He stepped forward a small bit, I edged back in retaliation. He moved forward again, and I moved back. I found myself against a wall, unable to move away and further. He moved forward again putting his hand on my cheek again.

"What is your problem!?" I yelled at him. I tried pushing him away from me, but he stood his ground. He stared at me and was about to say something, but someone walked in right as he was about to open his mouth. "MASON!" I heard Lin's voice yell across the room. Mason sighed and turned to where Lindsey was staring. I slid from the wall and moved closer to Lin to make a point to Mason. He looked at Lin and then to me. "Mills, who's side are you on? You told me you loved me..."

Lin stopped her stare on Mason and turned to me. Her eyes filled with betrayal. "Wait! Hold on!" I stepped back from where I stood. Lin looked like she really wanted to punch someone right now. Mason stood, looking as innocent as he could. "I said no fucking thing!" I never usually swore around them so it shocked both Lindsey and Mason, and even myself to be honest. My statement seemed to convince Lin instantly that Mason had lied.

I would be lying if I said that Lin hesitated before what she did. But the moment she heard he lied to us; she actually fucking ran at Mason. He was the one who hesitated when she ran at him. He could only move a few inches before Lin dragged him to the floor. I ran over to them trying to pull Lin off of him, but she clung on so hard that I ended up pulling both of them a small bit. "Lin stop!" I yelled at her. She didn't seem to hear me as she began to punch Mason out of blind rage. 

"SEE SHE'S A FUCKING PSYCHOPATH!" Mason yelled as loud as he could trying to alert me of this. I didn't feel worried about that. I just didn't want any blood on her hands. Mason laid flat on the floor trying to wrestle Lindsey off of himself. Lin stood her ground and was literally on top of him attacking him as much as she could. I tried pulling her off this time. I could see red. Both on Lin and also Mason. 

"Lindsey please! Stop this it won't solve anything!!" I yelled at Lindsey trying to pull her off him still. She wouldn't stop. I had to do something to stop her. Or else this room will become a crime scene. "LINDSEY!" I raised my voice at her. Something must've triggered in her brain as she jumped off of him, panicked. "I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY!" She began crying as she covered her face stumbling backwards. She turned and ran through the door and to the right. 

I wanted to run after her but saw the red from earlier thicken in the corner of my eye. I turned my head to see Mason's face covered with blood. Blood even slowly gathering on the floor beside his head. He was barely conscious. "Mason?! Are you okay?" I heard a voice come from the door. Ash and Martin had returned from wherever they were. "We saw Lindsey running from here a few moments ago, what happened here?" Ash asked. Martin walking over to check if Mason was conscious. 

I stared at the ground, what did happen? Lindsey spotted Mason's lie, jumped on him, beat the shit out of him, and then ran off crying. "I don't know why she snapped like that... And why she was so terrified after the fact." My voice hurt from how loud I had raised it earlier. Ash walked over to me, eyes locked on mine, I could see him slightly shaken. "Did she say anything about her backstory?" What was it with the obsession with backstory in this room? 

"No. She just looked so scared, and almost in pain when I yelled at her earlier-" I got cut off after mentioning how I raised my voice at her. "You yelled at her?!" Martin yelled from where he sat beside Mason. I looked at the ground. If I hadn't Mason might have died. "I had to. Yell at me as much as you want, but if I didn't raise my voice at her a few minutes ago, there would be a dead person in here." I felt a tear roll down my eye and I quickly whipped it off. 

The silence in the room grew, until it was broken by something outside. Crying? It was an easy sound to recognize as I heard it in my old household almost every day. The door suddenly opened to show us, Ms Beatrice and Lin by her side. Tears streaming down her face. 

She stared at the ground then at me. I could tell she had made up these ones to look more convincing. Ms Beatrice walked into the room and dragged Mason out by the leg. And just like that both Ms Beatrice and Mason had both disappeared through the door. Leaving me, Martin and Ash all staring right at Lindsey who had now stopped crying. 

(1610 Words)