Chapter 3

Chapter 3
The world stopped. "I love you too," I breathed. Johnny hugged me and I sensed that he had the weight of the world lifted off his shoulders. I smiled.
"I'm really happy you like me back Ashis.... Say, what about we go to the drive-in? It's not a school night." I nodded and he kissed me.
Oh my gold I love him... He let me go and I smiled again. Johnny just smirked. That's cute. "Why don't you get ready?" he asked.
"But... Where?"
"Jus' in the Curtis bathroom. I'm sure no one is usin' it. See you tonight." And with that he left. I went to my car and got a jean jacket, black shirt, black skirt, new baby blue converse, and a light pinky colored lipgloss.
After, I went into the bathroom and changed, and put on the lipgloss. It was 6:39 PM now. He was probably picking me up at 7:00. I put my other clothes in my car and waited on the couch.
Ponyboy came into the room and his mouth hung open. "Whoa... Where are you going tonight?" he asked, stunned.
"I'm going on a date with Johnny," I smiled. He sat next to me and put flower earrings on me since I didn't have earrings in. "Thanks."
"Johnny's a lucky guy. You look beautiful. Good luck tonight," he said softly. Pony got up and went to his room. I heard Johnny's car and I headed outside. My hand reached for the doorknob. I took a deep breath and opened it.