Chapter 6

Chapter 6
The bed was cold from the morning mist. It was dead silent. Johnny was still sleeping. I shook him. I was a little scared of being alone. Being the first one awake is hard for me. Just the feeling of having to make sure there's not a fire or a Soc.
Finally Johnny woke up. I was relieved now. "What do you want to eat?" I asked him. He looked at my eyes.
"Nothing right now." Johnny kissed me and I smiled. He pulled away and got up. I saw Johnny go over to his fridge and pull out some kind of sandwich meat. Might be making something good. I waited patiently for him.
My eyes drifted over to a journal. I picked it up, looked around, and opened it to yesterday's date. It said many things about me. Good things. But I saw one thing that caught my attention.
"She doesn't like to smoke. I can see her not wanting to, but I'm worried that the gang won't like her anymore."
He could just say that he didn't like me anymore. I cried until he came back. "Why didn't you tell me?"
"I'm sorry... I still love you very much. Without your kisses, I'd be needing stitches. And it's hard enough to know that you're putting up with my ash-tasting mouth," Johnny said quietly, looking at the floor. Dang that was cute. Okay, I forgive him.
"It's okay, Johnnybabe.... I'm just oversensitive sometimes," I mumble. Johnny hugged me.
"Let's eat, eh? I'm starving." I smiled.