~Chapter Ten~Part-one

The year was 1987 and the rock scene had become starved from the deficiency of originality. The same old sleazy drum beats, Unimaginative lyrics all tide together with the aqua net soaked hair do's and the rhythms of the same guitar riffs. But Guns N' Roses might just be a breath of fresh air, sent down to cause mayhem on the strips wildest nights and as the band got closer and closer to their debut album launching, if they were lucky it would only get bigger and better.

The Guitarist and bass player paraded down the crowded streets of the strip in search for a stock up on booze, making small talk and puffing on cigarettes as drunken party goers hurled their way through the crowds forming in the street.  The ringing of the bell echoed through the damp smelling, cold booze shop located on the corner right by the whiskey-a-go-go.

Duff emptied the shelves of vodka into his arms while slash picked up a bottle of jack, two cases of beer and a pack of Marlboros. The two laid their chosen selection on the counter, waiting patiently as the clerk scanned.

"That'll be twenty four-eight two" the pale faced man sighed.

Slash reluctantly grabbed his wallet from his Jean back pocket, opening it and pulling out a twenty and five one dollar bills. In the process duff must've seen something that caught his eye, as slash looked over to the blonde looming over his wallet.

"Who is that?" Duff asked, pointing to the Polaroid tucked neatly in slashes leather wallet.

The picture certainly intrigued duff, after all the Polaroid picture was infact a girl.

She was on the beach, her toes buried under the golden sand and her polished nails held an ice cream cone. The sun caught her face perfectly as her smiled cheerfully into the camera. Her summer dress blew in the wind as she kept a hand on her legs to keep it from showing too much and her hair had been perfectly platted with strands framing her tanned face. She was beautiful.

"It's nothing, just an old friend" slash replied bluntly, handing the cashier the money before closing his wallet and stuffing it back down into his pocket.

"Mustn't have just be nothing if she's in your wallet dude" the blonde chuckled.

He payed no more thought to the photo as he helped his friend carry the bags full of liquor out the store and back to the apartment him, slash and the three remaining band members shared.

"We're heading down to the rainbow tonight, you in?" duff asked his friend.

"Nah man" slash replied, taking a new cigarette from the box and lighting it up.

"Why man c'mon I mean you gotta get laid or at least just come out with us" duff sighed, bummed that his good friend had rejected his offer for the fourth time this week "it's like ever since Axl mentioned his sister Melanie or whatever, you flipped out then you've been on this crazy no fun, no sex, no party thing man it sucks"

"Her name was melody and that's not the reason, why would I care about  Axls sister anyway?" He bitched "I just simply don't wanna go out, that's it man. Leave it"

Melody Anna rose. There's always a wild side to an innocent face and Melody was the shining example of that.

She grew a second kind of personality once she discovered the wilder world of rock n' roll and what having a pretty face entails with that.

The girl whose only aspiration was to become a model, the girl who sat and read in coffee shops, the girl who babysat for her neighbour was also the girl who partied all night long.

she knew how to get what she wanted when she wanted with one single look.

Right now, melody was in the forth hour on her second shift at her new job bartending at the rainbow. The pay was good and she got free booze every time she wasn't on shift and right now that was just fine for her.