introduction

Genevieve Goode was an ethereal young woman. An enigma. A bombshell. The girl next door. Gigi (for short) Goode was the most beautiful girl in school, and God did she know it. The girl strutted the school radiating confidence, a constant smirk spread on her lips as people threw themselves at her left and right. She was completely aware that everyone wanted to be her, or at the very least on top of her. Everyone adored Gigi. Everyone except one girl - Crystal Methyd.

Crystal was the complete opposite of Gigi, Crystal was... well, unconventional, to say the least. She was weird, bizarre, idiosyncratic - call it whatever you'd like, but there was no one else quite like her. This often led to puzzled looks and disgusted faces when Crystal walked her school halls, mixing more patterns and colours than would be deemed ethical. Especially by Gigi.

The pair has hated one another since grade school, and the girls could not be any more unlike. They were hot and cold, day and night, and they despised one another. This would have been easy, pretending the other didn't exist, if they did not share a friend group, an interest in fashion, or a deep compassion for musical theatre.

Is it possible for hatred and lust to be proven not to be mutually exclusive? What will happen when the sworn mortal enemies are forced to intertwine their lives? One thing's for certain, Crystal and Gigi could agree on one thing and one thing alone: that sounded like a nightmare.