Chapter 4

The day went by in the blink of an eye. After lunch, Aaliyah gave me a tour of the school library. Its glorious poles perfectly complemented the school's narrative. Everything was painted in gold and beige, and the ceiling boasted a large chandelier hanging from the middle. Some of the doors wouldn't open, and a few books seemed out of place.

After the tour, we headed to my first classes as a student. We had a 2-hour lecture and debate on "Pride & Prejudice," followed by a 1-hour study session. Aaliyah introduced me to her friend group, but I had no interest in meeting them. It wasn't that I wasn't sociable, but I couldn't remember or focus on them when she was right in front of me, with dimples forming as her contagious smile distracted me. Later on, we returned to our dorm where I headed straight towards the bathroom to lock myself in and read without having to look at her constantly. Beautiful distraction.

"Wanna go to a party this weekend?"

I was startled when I heard these words coming from behind me. I had been staring at myself in the mirror, and she leaned in a little too close to my shoulder, whispering those words.

"Sure," I said, trying to sound as calm as possible. How could I not hold back from blushing when her head literally rested against my shoulder, her breath softly brushing against my ear, her heartbeats thumping against my back, and her hands hanging low on her hips? Had she noticed the way I froze or how loudly my heart was beating? What. The. Fuck. She then backed away, and for a second, I felt cold. Like something was missing. A moment later, she settled on her bed as if nothing had happened. Was I just imagining things?

Nightfall came faster than I expected. Maybe when you're waiting for something or an event, time seems to pass by faster. I looked in my closet for anything other than a school uniform and a suit. Spoiler alert: I didn't find anything other than suits. Well, we had to work with what we had, so I tried to style it the best I could. The tie wasn't too tight, the collar was open, the dress pants flared and hung over my shoes, and a few accessories completed the look. I was ready to go. I then opened the door, and when I say my jaw dropped, it really did. She was wearing this white dress with a corset hugging tightly around her waist. Her hair was beautifully done, and her makeup was flawless. Instead of that corset, I wanted it to be my hands. A chain was attached to a belt, and her boots were made of leather.

I followed her from behind, focusing hard on not letting my eyes linger south down her body. I didn't want to seem like a creep or act like one, but with a body like that and how sociable she was, she could be leaving with anyone to their dorm tonight. A deep sentiment came from me, and I pushed it back as we entered a strange-looking building. It was dark on the outside and on the inside. Tables were aligned on the sides, and there was a staircase leading upstairs. I felt a hand grab my elbow and pull me forward. 

Tripping on my step, I felt our bodies pushing together, interrupted a moment later by people shouting "surprise" and lights suddenly blinding my vision. But I couldn't care less when she was pressed hard against me, her eyes looking up into mine, and her hands still clinging to my arms. I quickly pushed myself backward before I did anything irrational, and my gaze ripped away from hers. The same emptiness I had felt earlier came back like a wave over me, and as much as I tried to push it away, this time I couldn't. The party then truly started, with music blaring, and alcohol right in my grasp as I tried to drown myself in it. Since what had happened a few months back, I promised myself not to over-drink, but tonight was an exception. Yes, I had responsibilities, and yes, I had to be careful not to get drunk. But all lines were either blurred or crossed when it came to her.

Had it been 1 hour or 2 since I was jumping up and down to the rave happening here? I couldn't think reasonably anymore, and my breath hitched when my eyes met Aaliyah's across the room. I stopped dead in my tracks and just absorbed all the feelings spilling from her eyes into mine. She's messing with my mind, and before I can stop it, I reach out for her, dropping my eleventh or twelfth cup on the floor. All music dissipates as my drunken state gravitates me towards her. Now it's my turn to grab her arm and drag her along the walls so we can get out of here. She lets out a small squeal when I do, but then melts into my touch and follows me. I don't know particularly where I'm going, but as soon as I see the school, I head straight for it. Leading her up the stairs to our dorm, I release her from my grip and instead grab her wrists, pinning her to the wall. I try to fight back this tension and heat surrounding us. Pressing my forehead to hers, I inhale deeply before she cuts it. Warm and soft lips touch mine, and I can't help but want more. Opening my mouth to give her better access, I then press my knee in between her legs. All logic and thoughts go down the drain when she's exploring my mouth like that as I swallow down small moans escaping her.

She then takes control completely, flipping us over onto her bed. Her body is on top of mine. If this isn't heaven, then I don't know what is. Our tongues slide against each other, and my hand is gripping her hair softly, making sure not to hurt her. She cups my face with both hands, pulling back and staring at me with nothing but lust. At any time, she could have told me to stop, but she didn't. She could have told me to back off or release her on the way here, but she didn't. I stared back, and we just stayed like that, looking at each other, covered in sweat. Her lipstick was smudged on my lips, and I was still massaging her head. She then pressed her head to my chest, visibly tired and dropped one last kiss before saying:

"Goodnight."

I heard her breathing slow down, and her heartbeat thumped nearly silent. I stayed a few more moments like that, admiring her body with my fingers caressing her scalp. Taking in her scent, I felt my eyelids fall and gave her one last peck on her ruffled hair before finally drifting to sleep with a smile on my face.