// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕗𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪-𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖 //

hiraeth - part fifty-nine

»»--⍟--««

"I can't believe she failed me just for copying. It's not my fault nobody makes me aware of a test until the day its due. I've got other things in my life to worry about besides one test," Y/n complained, Gohan watching the girl with a smile as the two walked home. The snow had begun to pile up some, thin layers of snow covering everything. Y/n didn't want to fly home in such cold weather, and so the two opted to just walk.

"At least the test wasn't worth a lot for your overall grade," Gohan tried to comfort her, but Y/n was just annoyed. She sighed, scratching her cheek in frustration as she hugged herself for warmth.

Y/n's eyes widened in surprise as she felt Gohan's arm wrap around her shoulder, pulling her flush against his side. Looking up at him in confusion, Gohan chuckled nervously as he avoided her eyes.

"Y-You just looked cold," He muttered, a small blush warming his cheeks up. Y/n smiled, leaning into his hold as the two walked home together.

Walking through the main gate onto the Capsule Corp. property, the two noticed Bulma's children running about, playing in the snow. Trunks spotted Y/n, smirking deviously as he grabbed a handful of snow.

"Hey, Y/n, watch out!" Trunks yelled, throwing the snowball as hard as he could. His eyes widened when Y/n, without even looking, caught the snowball in her gloved hand.

"Oh, it's on, Trunks," Y/n glared. She handed her book bag to Gohan, before throwing the snowball back at Trunks, the boy attempting to catch, but getting hit square in the face. Y/n began shoveling up heaps of snow with her arms, practically burying Trunks as the other children, Pilaf, Mai, and Shuu came to Trunks's rescue.

"Leave him alone, you big bully!" Mai yelled, throwing a snowball at Y/n. As the four began fighting in the snow, Gohan chuckled at the sight, bringing Y/n's bag inside.

As the five played in the snow that was quickly beginning to build up on the ground, their fight being taken to the backyard for more space, Y/n suddenly began to feel a very odd, out of place energy, something she had never felt before. She grabbed Trunks by the head before he could attempt to tackle her, looking around in the sky. Trunks noticed her change in demeanor, looking around as well.

"Do you feel that, Trunks?" Y/n asked, the feeling growing ever stronger. It felt like an energy signature, but heavily distorted, and getting bigger, as if getting closer to them. Trunks furrowed his brows, searching for the energy Y/n had felt.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, the air around them began to turn and distort, as if reality were being ripped in two. The children huddled behind Y/n in fear, the girl standing on defense as something began to take shape within the distortion. And as if popping into existence, a very tall and foreign machine stood before them, casting a shadow over them. Y/n squinted her eyes at it, slowly stepping toward it.

"Woah... This must belong to Bulma," Y/n spoke as she approached the machine, brushing her fingers over the cold metal, a large Capsule Corp. logo printed on it.

"I've never seen that thing before in my life," Trunks said in skepticism as he floated up to the glass protecting whatever was inside. Y/n warned him to be careful, unsure of what kind of machine it was, but her words fell on deaf ears as Trunks rubbed away what he thought was cold fog. Trunks furrowed his brows in confusion as it left black ash all over his gloves, before realizing who the man inside the machine was. "N-No way... Who is that!?"