part VII - panicked

« 🎧 »

Sweat started to drip from Yunjin forehead as she looked everywhere to try to find her headphones.

There's no way that she can lose her headphones, her mom gave them to Yunjin before she passed away. It was the only physical memory that Yunjin has of her mom.

" M-My headphones... " Yunjin muttered worriedly, then a thought popped into her head, " I must've left them at the math classroom. "

Yunjin rushed into the math classroom, hoping to find her headphones. But as she stepped into the classroom, she saw someone she hated seeing.

" Wonyoung? " Yunjin eyebrows furrowed as she hissed at her.

Her blood boiled as she saw what Wonyoung was holding.

" So you've finally realised you lost your headphones? " Wonyoung held Yunjin headphones and swinging them around as if she was about to drop it.

She was sitting on top of a table with her legs crossed, looking at Yunjin with a slight smirk.

" What are you doing to my headphones?! " Yunjin shouted, " Give them back! "

" Why? " Wonyoung teased, " Are these important to you? "

" Of course, you idiot! "

Wonyoung's expression turned evil. Her smirk turned into anger as she threw Yunjin headphones on the floor.

Yunjin looked at the smashed headphones on the floor with disbelief. She was trying her hardest not to cry and the tears just ended up being stuck on the tip of her eyes.

Her eyes were shaking as she trembled in anger and sadness. Yunjin clenched her fist, she wanted to punch Wonyoung so hard on the face. She imagined her face full of blood as her body was on the floor. With the thought, it just made her want to punch her even more.

" Why?! "

" Why? " Wonyoung said, " Because of what you did to my- "

" It's just a dumb bag. So what if it's damaged? I apologised already! "

" This is not about the bag Yunjin. "

" Oh, so you think you're the only one who's got their life crushed into a million pieces?! "

" I have been so sad and distraught after your dad cheated on my mom! "

" YOUR FUCKING MOM CHEATED ON MY DAD. NO ONE'S A FAULT HERE, WHY ARE YOU BLAMING EVERYONE?! " Yunjin shouted unexpectedly.

They both stood in silence as they stared at each other.

" Your dad is a FUCKING BILLIONAIRE. YOU BASICALLY DIDN'T EVEN CARE THAT YOUR DAD GOT CHEATED ON, YOU ONLY CARED ABOUT MONEY. Just how bad are you?! "

" Yunjin, you- "

Yunjin couldn't hold her anger back as she launched herself on to Wonyoung which made the table she was sitting on fall backwards. She punched the latter on the face as the tears that were threatening to fall finally fell.

" I HATE YOU SO MUCH! " Yunjin cried out as she continued to punch Wonyoung even more, " YOU MAKE MY LIFE SO MUCH MORE MISERABLE! "

She let everything out, she let all her anger how just like how her stepdad would let his anger out on Yunjin. For a moment, Yunjin felt like her stepdad, strong and powerful.

But it wasn't just the anger that she felt as Wonyoung threw her beloved headphones on the floor, no. She took the anger that she had kept deep inside herself, grabbed it tightly, then pulled out and threw it all out on Wonyoung.