part XX - onigiri

« 🍙 »

Yunjin has the been staying in Yoona's bedroom for almost half a day already. And what have they done? Nothing. They wasted a half of a day doing nothing. But at least they were doing nothing together.

School's already over for the other girls and the Busan girl still haven't eaten anything yet. Not even breakfast. It wasn't like skipping breakfast was unusual for Yunjin, but still.

" Are you not hungry? " Yoona asked the latter, " If you don't mind, I'll just head to the convenience store near here. Do you want anything? "

Yunjin's eyes suddenly turned into puppy eyes. " You're leaving..? "

" J-Just too the convenience store... " Yoona found herself stuttering and blushing as she continued to stare at the younger girl more and more. " It'll be quick, Yunjin. "

——

flashback

It was almost midnight, way pass the 6 year old girl's bedtime. She was asleep at first, but Yunjin couldn't bare the loud noise downstairs. She walked down the stairs and stopped halfway. Watching her parents fight again. But it's fine. Other parents do this too.

According to her only friend at the time, Wonyoung.

Yunjin saw her dad grabbing a luggage in front of the front door and opening the door. " I'm leaving. " Her dad firmly said, " If you want me to leave so bad, I'll leave. As simple as that. "

Yunjin's mom stared at her husband, in the verge of tears. " Yeongjung... YOU'RE CHEATING WITH ME WITH ANOTHER WOMAN- MY BEST FRIEND! DO YOU THINK I'D CARE ABOUT YOU LEAVING?! " She shouted, breaking down in the process.

The 6 year old girl was startled by her mom screaming. She didn't know why she was screaming at all. The concept of cheating just didn't exist in the little girl's world yet. The only sort of cheating she knew was cheating on a test.

" Okay. You want me to leave, right? " The latter's dad said, managing to stop himself from crying as well. " Goodbye then, Seoha. "

Yunjin couldn't take her mom's sadness anymore. " Dad? " The latter ran down stairs before softly calling him, looking at her dad in confusion. " It's time to sleep, where are you going? "

Her dad glanced at his daughter one last time, before ignoring her, sighing and leaving the house all at once. Yunjin stared at her dad leaving with luggage on his hand. " A-Are you going on another trip? Why didn't you tell- " The door slammed closed. And before Yunjin could react, she could already hear her mom sobbing behind her.

" Mom? Don't cry. He'll back next week. " The young girl said, believing her dad was on another business trip again. But as soon as her mom hear what Yunjin said, she just started to cry even harder. " Mom... Are you okay? What's going on? "

Instead of a response, she was left with silence.

Yunjin realised the moment her mom shook her head in grief, " Dad's... Not coming back. Is he? " The poor girl couldn't withstand her mother's sadness and cried with her the whole night.

——

that's some sad shit, yeah?
attachment issue be like: wassup?