Chapter 40

Kushi's Nurse came and was brought inside by security. When she went there, she saw that Kushi was lying on Arnav's lap and he was sitting stroking her hair.

As he saw the nurse and signalled her to come inside. Nurse went inside.

Arnav - Don't disturb her please....

Nurse smiled and silently placed the stand beside the bed and attached saline in her palms.

Nurse - Her reports came sir. It's just normal fever. No need to worry. After this saline is finished, we can remove her syringe.

Arnav - Ok. I have arranged a room for you downstairs. You can stay there. I will call you once the saline is over.

Nurse - Ok sir.

Nurse went out while Arnav sat quietly watching his wife. Though Shashi said that she would go through mood swings, he never expected it upto this level. She is behaving like a kindergarten kid.

If only he could see, that Kushi is scared to wits. She was scared of letting him go away from her. But alas..... Arnav didn't have any idea about all the emotional turmoil Kushi was going through.

Arnav's phone started ringing and he attended it immediately after seeing it was from Aman.

Aman - Arnie, how is kushi now ?

Arnav - I have discharged her from hospital. She is better than yesterday.

Aman - What happened to your voice ? Why are you speaking in your low voice ?

Arnav - Woh.... Kushi is sleeping. I am sitting beside her. If I speak louder, she'll get disturbed.

Aman smiled - Oh. Ok.

Arnav - I'll call you after she wake up. Speak with her. She'll feel better.

Aman - Haan ok.

Arnav - Hmm, bye Aman.

Aman - Bye Arnie.

Aman hung up the call and went to the office.

Arnav on the other side started replying to mails through his phone on one hand while his other hand was busy stroking Kushi's silky hair. He glanced at the saline every now and then, keeping an eye on it.

After her saline was over he called the nurse on phone. Nurse came and removed the bottle.

Nurse - We need to remove the needle sir.

Arnav - Sure.... But careful.

He said looking at his wife who was sleeping curled up like a ball, keeping her head on his lap.

Nurse - You can wake her up... If she stir in sleep, there is a chance that needle will broke inside her palm itself.

He chuckled inward ' had she seen how they both slept yesterday night, she wouldn't recite her advise like this now'

He gently shook her - Kushi.....

Kushi who was in her sleep - Hmm...

Arnav - Kushi, get up.... We need to remove your needle.

Kushi opened her drowsy eyes and looked at Arnav and Nurse.

Arnav - Get up, nurse is here to remove your needle.

Kushi sat on the bed and Nurse came and stood beside her. Nurse held her hands and slowly removed the needle. Kushi hissed as it pained a lot, Arnav wrapped his arms around her arms and stroked her arms soothing her.

Arnav - It's ok. Relax.... It's nothing Kushi.

Nurse - Continue the tablets doctor have prescribed. She will get well in two to three days.