chapter 17

Previous: his own body trembling slightly and his breathing heavy.

They just laid like this for a few more moments, listening to the sounds of each other's wildly beating hearts, until Law pushed himself off of the teen to lie next to him on the bed. Both kept panting heavily and stared up at the ceiling, trying to recollect their strength and thoughts.

A comfortable atmosphere surrounded them. They didn't need anything else right now except for a little moment of silence.

Law was the first one to let his gaze drift from the ceiling to the teen next to him on the bed. Luffy was still panting a little bit as he stared up at the ceiling with dazed eyes and Law couldn't help but smile a little. He sure found a successful way to shut the teenager up for once.

However, staring at Luffy brought another feeling up and it made felt Law feeling really strange. He didn't want this to be over, but he knew that the time was running out for both of them. In a few hours they would go separate ways and Law would probably never see Luffy again. He didn't want to admit it, but Law didn't like the thought. He didn't like it at all. So he did what his mind screamed for him to do.

He grabbed Luffy, who was still lying on his back, by his shoulders and pressed him against his own warm body. Surprisingly, the younger man didn't seem to protest and Law guessed that he probably didn't even have enough energy to do so, even if he wanted to.

Law had to accept the fact that those were their last moments together, but he would make sure to enjoy them. Even if it meant to spend the whole day in bed with Luffy.

Law noticed that there was something off about Luffy the minute they sat down on their seats in the train. It wasn't normal for the teen not to fidget around in his seat and to be so silent - Instead, Luffy just stared out of the window.

But Law wouldn't say that the atmosphere was uncomfortable. Truthfully, it was rather relaxing watching the sun going down in the distance, painting the sky in so many warm colors. Neither of them felt like speaking was necessary right now. Somehow, Law couldn't deny that he didn't want this train ride to end. It felt surprisingly good to just watch the sun setting with Luffy by his side.

The tattooed man let out a deep sigh and closed his eyes for a few seconds. Since when was he one for cheesy thoughts?

Luffy must have sensed that something was bothering Law, because he immediately turned his eyes away from the passing scenery. "Something's wrong, Law?" Law could have sworn that the look on Luffy's face was almost worried. "Oh, I know! You are hungry, aren't you?"

Law raised an eyebrow at Luffy's assumption. Why was everything about food when it came to Luffy?

He was just about to open his mouth to protest, saying that he was not hungry at all, but Luffy was already rummaging in his backpack that he brought with him, obviously looking for something. Law was watching him intensely, curious for what Luffy had in store for him. Suddenly, he noticed the younger man grinning widely.

"Got it!" Luffy pulled two objects out of his backpack and handed one over to Law. Whatever it was, it was wrapped in some kind of paper bag, so Law didn't really see what Luffy got for him. "I prepared them just a few hours ago, so they should still be fresh! Here, that's yours!"

Law took the paper bag in his hand and felt his heart beating a little faster. Did Luffy really prepare something to eat for him in case he got hungry? The thought caused Law to smile a little. If Law didn't know any better, he would say it was endearing.

Law opened the paper bag to look at its content. The moment he did, his smile disappeared.

A sandwich.

Fucking shit.

Law moved his eyes to look at Luffy who stared back at him with a happy and expectant grin on his face. "It's with cheese and turkey, I bet you'll love it!"

God-fucking-damnit. Seriously, what was he supposed to do now? Law had to suppress the urge to not toss the paper bag and its content as far away from his as he could. But there was no way he could do that, Luffy didn't have any bad intentions after all. Law was pretty sure that he had never mentioned his utter hatred for bread to the boy before, so he could not blame him.

But still, the smell alone was enough to make Law feel nauseous.

Law moved his left tattooed hand to grab the sandwich and almost shuddered from the touch. The soft texture of the bread was nasty enough to send shivers running down his spine. When was the last time he had touched bread anyway? Law seriously couldn't remember and he silently cursed the hyper boy next to him for making him do such an atrocious thing.

The size of Luffy's eyes didn't shrink. In fact, they grew wider and wider the closer Law moved the food to his face. He balled both of his fists, excited to see the older man's reaction. Little did Luffy know that Law was having a mental war with himself.

Could he really do this? Fuck, could he? The sandwich was mere inches away from his face and it almost made him gag.

Law moved his grey eyes to look at Luffy again. Shit, he was seriously expecting Law to enjoy this! He gulped. Saying that he wouldn't eat it was ungrateful and Law honestly didn't want to disappoint the teen.

He closed his eyes and concentrated on breathing regularly, his hands shaking a little bit.

He then opened his mouth and took a small bite, chewing it slowly before swallowing it.

Fuck.

Law felt like puking. He could almost feel his stomach protesting, this was beyond horrible! How could people even eat this shit?!

He opened his eyes again and looked straight at Luffy. "Damn, Law! Your whole body is trembling! And is that sweat on your forehead?" Luffy suddenly looked happier and obviously proud of himself. "Wow, I had no idea I am such a great cook!" Luffy then grabbed his own food and took an extremely large bite, making Law wonder how it was even anatomically possible to open your mouth that wide. "Hey, it is amazing!"

Law didn't say anything, the nasty taste of the food still lingering in his mouth. Luffy finished his sandwich in record speed while Law kept staring at that thing in his hands. How was he supposed to eat more of it?

Suddenly he got an idea. "Luffy," Law started, causing the dark-haired teen to look up at him. "You're a big eater, you can have mine, too."

Luffy's face brightened up for a second and Law mentally praised himself for his brilliant idea. "But Law, aren't you hungry, too? I really don't want to steal your food."

"No, no, no! You can have it!" Within one second, Law shoved the sandwich right into Luffy's hands. He wanted to tell Luffy that he was more than glad to give him the rest of his snack.

"You're awesome, Law!" It took Luffy only a few moments to eat the rest of Law's sandwich, too - Which was surprising, considering Law had only taken one tiny bite of it and Luffy still managed to devour it like he hadn't eaten anything for two weeks.

After that, Luffy even moved his hand to his face to lick his fingers clean. "That was too damn good. I hope you still liked yours, though."

Law closed his eyes and leaned back in his seat. "Yeah," he started. "It was..." He swallowed hard. "...good."

To be continued...

(This is where our chapter ends. Thankyou for reading and I hope you all liked it )

Word count 1359