chapter 24

Previous: Why do I feel..." Law muttered to himself. "Like I've just dug my own grave?

Law was nervous. Damn nervous, actually. And he honestly couldn't remember the last time someone had made him feel that way.

For the past thirty minutes he had repeatedly checked his appearance in the mirror. He just couldn't help but run his tattooed fingers through his black, silky hair every time he looked at his own reflection, occasionally tugging on the sleeves of his dark grey shirt that matched his equally grey colored eyes perfectly. He knew that he was far from looking bad tonight - He had spent lots of effort into looking especially good today after all.

A low sigh escaped Law's parted lips as he realized what he had been doing the entire day. All if this made absolutely no sense to him and it sounded stupid on so many levels. Why was he making such a big deal out of the whole situation? Just because Luffy was coming over? Was that really a legitimate reason act like a dumbass? Law was convinced that the other man would probably show up wearing a shirt with food stains from his last meal on it, so why was he making such a fuss about this?

Law paced through his bedroom from one side to the other, like a tiger in a cage, completely lost in his thoughts. He had scanned every room with his eyes at least ten times, checking if everything was perfectly in place. And of course it was - Law couldn't stand any kind of mess and always kept everything in his apartment clean. He looked at the clock on his wall rather impatiently, feeling a little wave of nervousness racing through his body as the long hand moved. The echoing tik-tok sound of the clock sounded more like hammering to him in the deafening silence of his apartment.

Yes, Luffy was coming over. Any minute now. Well, only if he was on time, and Law could actually bet all of his fortune that Luffy won't. Hell, it wouldn't even shock him if Luffy had completely forgotten about the whole thing. But still, Law couldn't ignore the fact that the anticipation was making him feel like some insecure teenager waiting for his first date to arrive.

Law sat down on his large bed, feeling the soft mattress dipping gently under his weight. He rested his elbows on his thighs and placed his chin on the palms of both hands. Everything about this seemed so strange to him. And no matter how hard he tried, his mind couldn't come up with a satisfying answer to where exactly the problem lied. Law'd had numerous of people over at his place in the past, but never in his life had he ever felt this nasty feeling in his stomach. Had he eaten something rotten or what was this all about?

His mind quickly came up with an answer that caused Law to grit his teeth in utter frustration: Luffy.

No matter what the problem was, Luffy seemed to be the answer to almost every problem that Law had to deal with recently. Why was he lacking concentration at work? Because of Luffy. Why did it take him such a long time to fall asleep at night? Because of Luffy. Why did he feel the need to throw up every time he thought back of his time at Dressrosa? Because of a certain goddamn, cheeky and obnoxious teenager named Luffy.

Law lowered his body on his bed and stared at the ceiling, feeling like a lovesick idiot. He had tried to deny the fact that he had feelings for Luffy so often that he couldn't even count the numbers of it. This boy was exactly the opposite of himself. Luffy was constantly smiling, cracking dumb jokes even during the most inappropriate situations, never taking anything serious in his life, annoying the shit out of people and he was really, really hard to forget.

Law gulped. Luffy had, as a matter of fact, everything that Law was lacking. And that made him so desirable to Law, so horribly fascinating.

The dark-haired man was sure: The world was playing a cruel, cruel joke on him.

And all of sudden, the loud sound of a bell ringing interrupted his thoughts.

Law's body shot up from his bed as if something had bitten him. He immediately looked at the clock on his wall and realized that it was only a few minutes after eight.

This couldn't be Luffy. There was no way. Luffy was not a man who would be perfectly in time. But then again, Law never got any uninvited visitors, so the only logical explanation for this was that the man waiting at his door was in fact the nineteen-year old. His heart began to race as his mind began to progress the information.

After only a few more seconds, the bell started ringing two times in a row. Law rolled his eyes, feeling his previous nervousness slowly being replaced by annoyance. Luffy hadn't even entered his apartment yet and he had already found a way to get on Law's nerves with his constant ringing.

The bell rang again and now Law was convinced: The person waiting for him was Luffy. No one else would ring four times in twenty seconds.

Deciding he didn't want to hear more of that nerve-wrecking sound, Law got up from his bed and walked with large steps towards the door. The second he arrived, he raised his right tattooed hand and moved it towards the knob, only to let it rest there. Luffy was behind that door and only this large, wooden object was separating him from the other man. Law stared at the door, feeling like he was burning a hole through it with his gaze. He felt his palm getting a little bit more sweaty and his body was again feeling uncomfortably strange. What was he even supposed to say to Luffy? Should he simply confess what he was feeling? Should he try to lure him into something again? Just to make things easier?

Law shook his head. He was so damn displeased with himself right now. Why the hell was he acting so much like a coward? With a determined nod to himself, Law inhaled one last time to calm down his heart and opened the door.

When he opened the door, Law was seriously not surprised at all.

To be continued...

(This is where our chapter ends. Thankyou for reading and I hope you all liked it )

Word count 1106