Prologue

***

"I'M going to get fired for doing this Margarette you have to go back to that mansion!"

I tried to run faster as soon as I heard Cairo approaching me.

The 46-year-old Man who is fully covered in a business suit with a black bow tie and cuff links is doing his best to thread in moist soil just to catch up to me. May hawak siyang baston na pwedeng pamalo sa akin sakaling masagad ko ang pasensya niya.

"No Cairo."

"What do you mean No? The classes are opening soon, we need to prepare your things."

Napailing ako habang tumatakbo pa rin. I cannot afford to just stay here, living in this place especially in that manor for a few more days would be the death of me.

I stopped as I tried to catch my breathe. I didn't know I ran too far, nakita ko na lang si Cairo na hinihingal rin na napatigil sa gitna ng mapunong lugar na 'yun.

The Robinson Manor is located on a peninsula lying in Boston Harbor. Though connected to the mainland it is less inhabited when compared to other places, in fact the geography here is more likely to suit the atmosphere of horror movies.

Bumalik ako kay Cairo at inalalayan siyang umupo sa isang ugat ng kahoy na malaki. He was catching his breath as well. Agad niyang pinagpagan ang damit ko pagkatapos na macheck ang oras sa pocket watch niyang nakatali sa pantalon niya.

"Help me get out of Boston Cairo, please, di ba butler kita?"

Hinawakan niya ang kamay ko at tiningnan kung may mga natamo akong sugat. Cairo doesn't have a child he's been the butler of the Manor since I can remember.

"Young Miss—

"Scatter all of you and take the Young miss inside the car! Now!"

Nanlaki ang mata ko sa narinig. I know that voice. It's Aramina's, my father's Secretary.

"Cairo, I don't want to go back, I can't live in that mansion anymore, may nagtatangka sa buhay ko." Nagmamakaawang sabi ko habang hinahawakan ang braso niya.

This isn't the first time I told Cairo this. My Father's girlfriend's goons are threatening my life. I just happened to be lucky to be able to always end up safe.

"Margarette that is impossible, that is your place, the president built it for you—his daughter, you will be safe there!"

"No. He'll give it to his girlfriend, he is remarrying I heard him talking to Aramina about it. He's buying her a ring and asking her to marry him –he didn't even ask if I like or I get along with his girlfriend. I don't want another mother. Even worse a mother that is just going to kill me for money."

"Young Miss—

"Margarette show yourself now and get inside the car! Your father is waiting."

I held Cairo's hand tighter. Inside that four-walled mansion, only he is the person I can trust. Originally, he was my mother's butler but my Mama's dead now, she left Cairo to guide me

"Cairo"

He stayed silent.

"So you won't help me? Hindi ka na naman naniniwala sa akin?"

"Young Miss, it is not like that."

I started to walk away. I don't know how I can travel away from this place, this is accessible via car because of the bridge built long ago, unfortunately, that bridge is too far from my location right now and I'm pretty sure that this place has already been dominated with my father's men

"I'll help you."

"What?"

"Yes, but we need to go back now. Don't worry I'll help you go out of that Mansion I promise," he said softly as my eyes watered.

"When?"

Cairo tapped my head.

"When you go back to your school. Alright?" I nodded at his remarks. The Opening is three days from now. It's not that bad. I just need to endure more hours of staying in that den where my life is basically on the verge of vanishing because of my father's girlfriend's threats—a maid who manages to get his master to fall in love with her dearly.

Theirs could've been a romance story, only that she revealed herself too early—she's just after the President's wealth and she's dying to get rid of me to take a hold of my inheritance.

Asa naman siya, akala niya basta basta na lang mababago ang will ng Robinson Patriarch. Attorney Iglesias doesn't go to Boston, he goes around the global south. The amendments on the will are personally handled by my Father so the best bet she has is spending his money while they are still married.

"Let's go back Young Miss."

True to his promise, Cairo arranged my getaway from the Mansion. I'm pretty sure though that he was just tricking me about the help when I asked him but he agreed with my decision anyway.

I didn't know what happened but he miraculously found out that my life was indeed in danger.

"You're not safe here, you must leave right away. Get up now! Margarette!"

Kinusot ko ang mga mata ko habang iniisa isa ni Cairo ang pagsisilid ng mga damit ko s amaleta beads of sweat are forming on his forehead. he is anxious.

I yawned as I watched him still,

"Move now! Margarette!"

"What happened? Where are you taking me?"

I asked him as he carried me through my arm.

"The other guards will be here soon, your life is indeed in danger, your guards outside your room were killed earlier tonight. Their hearts were pieced by an arrow, leave now, you must board the tall ship by the harbor,"

"What? I ain't riding a boat," I complained as he led me to the alternate route, a maid ran to him, giving him a paper

"What is that?" I asked curious about what he was holding, Cairo opened the letter and showed it to me.

"This is a notice. Fake yes, this will tell that you need to leave for school immediately and it will cover your escape, go now. We will investigate the death of the guards as soon as possible,"

I heaved a sigh as the three of us, searched for the nearest route towards the shore. Thus the initial plan of just escaping for a while soon grew to finishing my last year in High School in the Oriental.

And on the other side of the world, the only place where my father's men could not exert their power was in my old school—Andromeda Spring Academy and as fate would have it.

My butler would have to send me back to that place.