Chapter 03

***

Bleau Margarette Robinson's Point of View

"GOOD morning uh-Maam"

"I see you're already here, Ms. Robinson. I'm actually impressed you're early."

Umikot ang swivel chair kung saan nanggaling ang boses. Nakaupo doon ang isang babaeng mukhang nasa late 20's. She's wearing glasses habang may nilalarong ballpen sa kamay niya.

Fascinating.

The one who opened the door for me is her Secretary. She ordered her to get me some tea. I hope it's Chamomile.

"Anyways. I'm Valentine Stewart. The Acting Headmistress of this school."

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Stewart." I smiled sweetly, but her left brow just raised.

"Ms. Valentine please"

Medyo tumaas ng ilang decibel ang boses niya. Mahihimigan doon ang kasungitan. I mentally rolled my eyes.

This Acting Headmistress sure is a b*tch and I don't think we'll go well. Bakit ba kasi ayaw niya ng Ms. Stewart ako naman ang magbabanggit ng pangalan na iyun hindi naman siya.

My lips curved into an apologetic smile, nevertheless...

"Oh o-okay, My Apologies."

She motioned me na maupo sa upuan na nasa tapat ng table niya. I obliged.

"I heard you were once a student of Andromeda. Noong Elementary ka?"

"Yes, Ma—Ms. Valentine."

Tumango siya't kapagkuwa'y nanahimik na sa kanyang pwesto. She's intently scanning my school records. I scanned her appearance too.

The woman has chocolate copper hair with no evident wrinkles at all. Mukhang easy lang para sa kanya ang maging Acting Principal ng school na ito.

Mukha rin namang organized ang system nila. Of course, who would expect less from the Most Promising School in the country? Only that it's rare to find a commoner here; most students come from high-society clans. I wonder if this school has Scholarship Programs.

"Maganda ang credentials mo Ms. Robinson. I can totally say that studying in Boston was just a piece of cake for you. However, that doesn't mean you'll do the same in Andromeda, and that statement doesn't speak offense. It's a universal fact."

Sumibol ulit ang kaba sa aking dibdib nang deretsahan n'ya akong tiningnan. There was darkness in her eyes noong binanggit niya ang pangalan ng school.

"Andromeda is not your typical school anymore. Things here are not the same as what you thought it would be years ago. So I suggest you push yourself to the limit to maximize your potential."

She stood up and started to roam around the room. She was looking outside of her huge window pane. Tanaw ang school grounds doon kung saan nagtatakbuhan ang mga estudyante papasok ng kani-kanilang classroom. The bell must have rang.

Images of Fritz started flashing on my mind. Ngayon alam ko na kung bakit pamilyar ang kabang nararamdaman ko habang kaharap ko si Ms. Valentine.

It's because she has the same aura with Fritz—Intimidating and compelling.

"Avoid getting yourself into trouble, instead gain trust from the people around you. As for your uniform's logo, let me give you pieces of information."

"I don't know if you have observed the uniform of students here in Andromeda, did you meet someone while going here?"

I nodded. Well there are a lot, and I've seen that they have different logos. I'm guessing those stand for the core values of this school or maybe pillars. Iisa lang naman ang logo namin sa school uniform noon—the school's logo itself.

"Oh, so I'm pretty sure you had observed their school uniforms which have different logos from each other. Why is that? Well, like what I've said earlier, Andromeda is not your typical school so we don't have clubs here for you to join, but we have packs," saglit siyang napatigil at tiningnan ako.

"Packs are a group of exceptional students. Flexible enough to comply with all necessities the school requires but ironically trains in order to develop a specific skill. These packs were organized, distinct, and strong enough to perform any task. They might use different approaches in doing so, but they all meet at the end of it."

"All?"

"Yes. All, and in the few moments that 'All' would include you." She emphasized the word "All" while staring at me straight in the eye.

"Hence, this is also the reason why Andromeda Ranked First in the Most Promising School."

Yeah, I've heard of it as well. The school's garnered a different set of awards because of its students and that they're all athletic, buti may kaunti akong alam sa martial arts. My father wanted me to train, but I refused. I just went on to focus on playing the cello, piano, and flute. Favorite kong i-play ang mga pieces ni Beethoven and Mozart.

"Every student is required to be sensitive and responsive to the silent rules of the packs which is learned through observation. As of now, we have five packs in the school named Alcaeus, Sthenelus, Gorgophone, Electryon, and Autochthe."

"The logo of the uniform depends on your chosen pack."

Nagpatuloy lang siya sa pag-explain hanggang sa may nakaagaw ng attention ko sa mga sinabi niya.

"Having a pack also means belonging to a certain group with a general identity. For instance, if you choose Alcaeus, you will be called Reaper. Fighters for the Sthenelus, and if you're going to be in Electryon, then you will be a Crusher."

Crusher. 'Yun ang sinasabi ni Wolf. Ngayon, naiintindihan ko na ang ibig niyang sabihin. So after Miss Valentine discussed everything about the packs, I immediately choose to be in the Electryon pack.

"That was quite fast Miss Robinson, but don't worry if you're going to stay here any longer you'll see how things move at their own pace. Soon, you'll get used to it. Isn't Boston like this?"

I smiled.

"We also have these things in Boston Miss the groups but the names are quite refreshing. Where did they come from even?"

"I can see that you're not a fan of Greek mythology. The packs' names represent some of Perseus and Andromeda's children. Autochthe and Gorgophone are their daughters, and the remaining packs are their sons. Electryon the one you chose, is the sixth son. They are a great pack; I'm sure you'll have a great time with them. "

Tumango-tango ako. I'm not yet convinced sa mga naririnig ko but I acted normal to fully understand things.

I countered Ms. Valentine's stares and smiled

"I see..."

Naunang magbawi ng tingin ang Acting Principal. She massaged her temple before staring at me again.

"So do you still have questions?" Umiling ako sa kanya bago ngumiti nang tipid.

"Okay then, here's your new blazer please help yourself. The restroom's in the second door on your left when you went out of the office." inabot niya sa akin ang isang box na palagay ko ay lalagyan ng blazer.

Even the box looks expensive. Well, I guess nothing in this school is ordinary. This is a place of elites. People with immense power and fame.

Not that it matters, our family's well off too. I think I'm just looking for the diversity I have been pampered with when I was still in Boston. I kind of spent my middle school and early years of high school there.

"Also Ms. Robinson, before I forgot, daanan mo nga pala 'yung ibang uniforms mo sa Room 109 dito sa building na ito bago ka pumunta ng classroom mo. You'll highly need those for this semester."

Tumingin muna siya sa kanyang wristwatch bago ako pormal na pinalabas.

"I'm sure nakuha mo na rin ang schedule mo. You can now go. Nice counter attack earlier, welcome to Andromeda Spring Academy"

Nagpasalamat naman ako sa kanya at tuluyan nang lumabas para makapagpalit ng blazer. Habang nagbibihis, hindi ko maiwasan ang titigan ang sarili ko sa salamin.

It's confirmed. Nasa Andromeda na nga ako at kabilang sa pack na Electryon.

Isa na akong Crusher.