two

It's the night before the Voltron Street Racing Event. Keith is getting ready for bed before his phone suddenly blows up with a sudden wave of notifications. He hesitates before walking up to his bed side table to pick up his phone. This isn't exactly unusual for him, but this many notifications at once usually go through on the morning of the big racing events, not the night before.

Keith unlocks his phone to see thousands of notifications from every one of his social media accounts. Without thinking too much of it, he decided to check Instagram first. He had received countless messages telling him to check twitter urgently. Keith had no idea what was going on. It was uncommon for him to feel panicked, but he was starting to think this might be something to worry about.

As he hesitantly opened up the app, he saw Blue's tweet pop up on his screen, with millions of reposts and comments already after only being posted two minutes ago. Again, this wasn't unusual, as Blue was quite active on social media for someone who was trying to keep his identity hidden, but what really shocked Keith was what was written on the tweet:

"Keith, be ready."

That was it. That was the tweet. Keith was at a loss for words, thoughts and just generally confused. The two had always had a rivalry going, but it had never, ever been addressed by either of them directly. They had never spoken to eachother before or had any sort of interaction outside of the streets. Their rivalry thrived purely off the fact they were both the best racers in the country and the way they would absolutely bring their best abilities whenever they had to race against eachother. Keith never really knew why or how it started, he just went along with it because he wanted to one day put Blue in his place.

Keith turned his phone on silent and set it down. He sat down on his bed, staring at his wall. What was that meant to be? A threat? A warning? An attempt to get inside his head?

Whatever. Keith always knew Blue was one for theatrics and starting things for no reason. He was so set on the fact he was the best racer ever. But Keith wanted no part in his silly games. Keith was just in it for fun. Racing was the only thing keeping Keith from dissappearing completely. It gave him a temporary escape from his thoughts and his life in general. He liked it that way. He liked being invisible, it let him get away with things like racing and drugs because he never got caught, and he was not about to change that by entertaining Blue's idiotic attempt at whatever he was trying to do.

He sat for a while, staring into space as he wondered why Blue suddenly decided to address their rivalry directly. All this thinking made his brain ache. He never thought this much about anything, let alone another person. Especially him.

Standing up quickly, he walked into his bathroom. Keith was confident in his ability to hide from the police, so he never really worried about them finding his house, he didn't exactly spend much time in it anyway. But regardless, he still made sure to keep his valuables extra safe. In a loose tile in his bathroom. Mainly consisting of numerous kinds of drugs and weapons.

Carefully taking it off, he suddenly felt conflicted. Most of the time, Keith was under the influence of some sort of drug, whether is was alcohol or actual drugs of various kinds. However, he made a promise to himself that he would always be sober during races. Clear system 24 hours before any race. If he was going to race, it would be a fair race. At least on his end. Even though Keith had a massive reputation with illegal substances, he felt obligated to have morals and keep them. One of which being that if you can't race sober, don't race at all.

Keith put the tile back into place. He was not about to break his personal rule just to take his mind off some low life that lived for the attention. No, Keith was better than that. Keith was better than him. He was going to find another way of reverting back to his blank state of mind.