twelve

Romelle was completely in her element. She loved shopping. She dragged Allura around every clothing section, making her hold huge piles of all sorts of clothes and accessories. Allura didn't mind shopping. She didn't necessarily love it, but she didn't mind it. What she really loved was trying on outfits. It was basically her whole job, to try on outfits and pose for a camera, and she did enjoy it. She felt privileged to be able to do that. But she also loved doing it just for fun, so when Romelle took her to the changing rooms with huge piles of outfits to try on, she never felt happier.

The two were having so much fun that they completely forgot the whole point of the trip. To make Keith and Lance feel better. The plan was to hang out as a group and get the boys to cheer up, but the girls were having way too much fun on their own and managed to forget who they actually came here with.

About half an hour has passed at this point since the four of them met outside the mall, and about twenty since Romelle and Allura ran off to go look at clothes.

In those twenty minutes, Lance and Keith first pretended to be interested in the clothes, then had a five minute conversation, then proceeded to carry on going back to looking at clothes they obviously would never wear.

It was awkward. Keith was praying for Romelle to come back already and take them all somewhere else, but she was no where to be found. Her and Allura took over the changing rooms.

Lance knew from experience that once Allura was trying on clothes, she would be stuck in the changing rooms for at least an hour. The amount of times Lance took her out to the mall to find clothes for a specific occasion and they'd be stuck for like three hours because Allura had to try on absolutely everything and give him a little personal show is honestly kind of ridiculous. But Lance didn't complain, he was happy she was happy. And at the end of the day, they always looked the best out of everyone in the room.

This meant Lance needed to save himself. Allura wasn't going to rescue him from this nightmare any time soon. He's a grown man, he can look after himself, right? He can handle spending time with Keith for another hour, right? It'll be fine, right? Obviously. Completely fine.

Lance had been walking around the men's clothing section for a while, probably looking quite suspicious to the employees if he wasn't well known by them for having his face plastered on basically every wall. He had been looking at all the clothes, face down in order to minimise the risk of making eye contact with Keith.

Finally deciding he needs to get a grip, he looked up to see where Keith was. To his surprise, he was no where to be found. Had he left already? Lance walked up to a lady in work uniform who was standing near the entrance/exit.

"Hey there." He said in a flirty tone. She looked slightly older than Lance.

"Hello! What can I help you with?"

"Have you seen a pale man walk out of here by any chance?"

"A pale man?" She looked quite concerned.

"Yeah. Pale. He's wearing black clothes, about my height, maybe slightly shorter. His hair is long and black. It's a mullet, to be more specific."

"Hmm." She paused. "I believe I did see someone with that description walk out of here about ten minutes ago."

"Ten minutes?" He shrieked. "Did you see what way he went?"

"Uh." She paused again. "To the right maybe?"

"To the right?" He shrieked even louder this time. "That's towards the exit of the mall!"

"Yes, that's correct."

"Jeez, that guy. Take my eyes off him for five minutes and he's gone. Unbelievable."

"I believe it was actually ten minutes sir."

"Right. Whatever. Thanks for the help." Lance said before whipping out his phone and leaving towards the exit of the mall. He sent Allura a quick text letting her know he's leaving. He didn't say why. He figured that by the time she even read the message, she wouldn't need an explanation.

He doesn't exactly know why he's going after Keith, afterall, they're both adults. If Keith wants to run off, fine, Lance wasn't worried. But it was a dick move to leave without saying anything to anyone. Actually, how would Lance know if he informed the girls that he's leaving? Maybe he sent Romelle a text. Oh well, Lance was going to go find him anyway and have a word.