AFTER THE MEETING

Max escorts Khyber back to his cell.

Gwen and Kevin go somewhere to do something.

Ben and Rook return the Cybertronians to Ben's house.

It is still early in the afternoon, but with so many mouths to feed, Sandra requires that much time to prepare everything. Bumblebee, Moonracer, and Rook offer to help. Starscream joins them after a while, as Knockout is bothering him – real surprise there. Ben and Steeljaw take naps, the former inside and the latter outside.

Argument-filled hours lead to sunset, which is when dinner is ready to be served. Carl has returned, and the napping two have awakened. The table is once again full of freshly cooked food and cold drinks.

Once everyone has had their fill, they clean up after themselves, or they would have, if taking a shower hadn't been suggested/highly recommended by Ben's parents. None are more pleased by this than Knockout and Starscream, who spend forever arguing over who gets to go first. In the meantime, Bumblebee and Carl rearrange the guest bedroom, providing more space for them all to sleep. Moonracer stays in the kitchen and helps Sandra with the dishes. With the house so crowded, Ben decides to bunk with Rook at HQ until further notice.

Eventually, everything is set. Steeljaw is the first asleep in the new room. Moonracer quickly follows as she lays beside him. Bumblebee covers the two with a large blanket before settling down himself, but he doesn't fall asleep. Not until Knockout and Starscream shuffle into the room, bicker about the sleeping arrangements, come to some sort of consensus, crawl underneath the comforter, and completely pass out.

~

Ben and Rook pick the Cybertronians up after breakfast and a quick patrol and bring them back to HQ. When they arrive, Gwen and Kevin are waiting. No sign of Max.

BEN: "Morning, guys! Where's Grandpa Max?"

GWEN: "He and a few other Plumbers went to grab Khyber and, well, set him up in one of the labs."

BEN: "What?"

GWEN: "Under supervision..."

"And restrained."

Max has returned, alone.

ROOK: "He still has the shock manacles on?"

MAX: "Yes and no. The manacles will always be there, but in the interest of not wanting to blow anything up, accidentally or on purpose, the shock factor is disabled."

He takes a remote out of his pocket and hands it to Ben.

MAX: "Only use it if he tries to attack. I want to avoid causing as much damage as possible. Understand?"

Ben scoffs with a smile on his face as he grabs the remote and pockets it.

BEN: "Of course! I mean, when have I ever done anything that disastrous?"

Ben's team looks at him as if he has a hundred heads.

ROOK: "Well, considering your track record..."

BEN: "Rook, seriously, do not even go there!"

KO: "If we're counting how many times one of our comrades screwed up..."

Knockout is pushed to the ground before he can finish. Starscream stands behind him, arm outstretched.

SS: "Sorry, doctor, but don't think I didn't see where you were going with your words."

Moonracer helps Knockout to his feet while Bumblebee reprimands Starscream, not that he's even listening. He is too busy inspecting the pointy fingertips of his gauntlets to pay attention to anything the Lieutenant has to say.