URGENCY

Note: this chapter contains mpreg.

.

. .

. . .

Ringing alerts Ben to someone trying to call him. He stops boasting to Bumblebee about all of the hero-ing he's done over the years and fishes his cellphone out of his pocket. The caller ID on the front screen reads Home.

BEN: "Huh. Wonder if mom needs something?"

BB: "Steeljaw better be behaving himself."

Ben bites back a laugh as he presses accept and puts the phone to his ear.

BEN: "Yeah, what's up, mom?"

His face twists in confusion.

BEN: "Whoa whoa whoa! Mom, slow down! I can't understand a word of what you're saying!"

Bumblebee and those close-by hear the worry in Ben's voice, and notice how tense he is. The sight is concerning, especially to the Cybertronians. Knockout runs over to them.

KO: "What's going on?"

BB: "I don't know. His mother just called."

KO: "You don't think..."

BB: "No, I'm not going there!"

Bumblebee's tone makes it clear that he doesn't want to continue talking. Knockout sighs and waits silently by his team-mate's side.

BEN: "Don't worry, we'll take care of it. I'll ask Grandpa Max if he can send someone over. Oh, and call dad while you're at it! Don't want him coming home to a destroyed house without a heads-up, again. Love you, too, and I'll be careful. Promise! Okay, I'll see you later, mom!"

The second the call ends, Ben pockets his phone and runs over to Max, who is overlooking the construction with Khyber and Starscream. Bumblebee and Knockout join them.

BEN: "Grandpa, emergency!"

Max turns around to face his grandson.

MAX: "Ben? What's wrong?"

BEN: "Albedo just broke into my house!"

The Cybertonians don't know who this Albedo is, but if the Plumbers' reactions are anything to go by, then they are bad news.

MAX: "What happened? Are your mother and Steeljaw alright?"

BEN: "They were just at the house, and then Albedo burst through the front door looking for me. He saw Steeljaw and thought it was me, but when he realized it wasn't me, he figured we had some sort of connection. So he took Steeljaw and left my mom to deliver a message. I have to meet him in Los Soledad by midnight, or else..."

The Cybertronians don't need to hear anymore, especially not Bumblebee, but before he can delve into dark thoughts, Ben places a hand on his shoulder and smiles.

BEN: "Don't worry, Rook and I will kick his butt and get Steeljaw back."

ROOK: "Only the two of us are going?"

BEN: "Actually, Albedo assumed that I wouldn't go alone, so he's not going to try and stop you. A whole army, on the other hand, he's so not down for."

MAX: "Well, he is clever."

KHYBER: "When he wants to be."

While he isn't looking at them, Khyber is no longer paying full attention to the construction.

BEN: "Says the guy who teamed up with him!"

KHYBER: "Temporarily. That whole 'smartest being in five galaxies' thing became very annoying very fast. Quite the ego your twin has, if not worse."