Chapter 1

You and Finnick were twins but even though you were similar in looks - you both couldn't be more different. Before your games you were district 4's personal siren who sang like it was your last time to do so before the lights were shut out on you and the curtains were closed. You spoke and socialized with many people like your own brother but he had a certain charm (play boy stuff) to him that never rubbed off on you - trust and believe that Finnick was more than happy to know that.

He was also very friendly before and after his games but you went in as a social butterfly and came out as an injured and incapable to fly bird. This sudden change left Finnick worried, especially when you're now the capitals property who forces you to face the stage light whenever your called to be at the mic with a new song every three or four months, which caused your relationships with certain people to decrease.

Before you knew it, your own friends before your victory lost interest in trying to reconnect with you - leaving you with your brother, Mags, and a girl named Annie Cresta who you never really speak to even though she literally was in all your classes before she became your student and somewhat a semi friend before her shocking win in the 70th hunger games. She liked that you were quiet and kept to yourself but she too began to grow worried over you, especially after she moved in with Finnick who lives right next door to you and who insisted that your houses be connected by a large dinning room. You rolled your eyes at this but he was far more stubborn then you thought, so you let him have his way.

But like always you spoke to them when they wanted genuine conversation - unfortunately anything or anyone outside were given the cold shoulder until you met a certain victor.

╚═════☩══✦══☩═════╝

Johanna Mason Pov

I sat speaking to Finnick and Annie. Mainly myself at this point by how much Finnick openly continues to flirt with his "red coral" he calls her when the cameras have gone - fucking barf, when suddenly a woman who couldn't be much older than myself took a seat across from us. I swear I've seen her face on some sort of cover somewhere... Oh, right! My little sister was obsessed with her music - she used to almost always play or try to sing (even though she wasn't any good) the cheesy love songs that boomed from her room.

What was she called again? The capital's blue song bird, was it? It was no fucking surprise given the fact that she wore blue and even the color white almost all the time. I eyed her and her not so surprising blue phone as she keeps all her attention in that one small device. I clear my throat to remind Finnick that I'm still here to avoid watching him and Annie eat each other's faces off... like get a fucking room.

They both stop with Finnick giving me a glare that could have had me shaking in my boots but given the fact I'm not wearing any and I rather not bleach my eye balls I just grin - nursing my whiskey. Annie glances over her shoulder and finally notices the other woman. "Oh, hey Y/n. How was your time with Cashmere? Was it good?" she asks with her usual preppy smile. "She couldn't stop talking about how 'pretty' my face was... so, pretty poopy" she replied with a sarcastic tone. "Oh, well you should have known she was going to try shooting. The last time I checked her and Gloss is still trying to bark up your tree" Finnick fills the rest of the air around us with his fishy breath.

I was close to punching him in the mouth twice tonight because of how bad his breath smelt but then I would have to deal with a frantic Annie, so I decided to tempt him with a mint but that shit flew right over his head. "Here this is for you. They're strawberry flavored but it's far better than whatever ocean thing you have consumed so far in the night" the woman in blue hands Finnick two pink mints before pulling out a journal. I stiff a laugh while Finnick checks his breath and almost gags at the stench.

"Thanks" he says dryly and remembers I'm still here. "Oh, Y/n this is Johanna Mason. Johanna this is my little sister Y/n" Finnick tries grabbing his sister's attention but fails as she hums some sort of melody that's perhaps for a new song she's working on. She doesn't even look up! What a bitch!

She just gets up and grabs her coat and leaves the dying party. "Uhh, forgive her. She's not so big on meeting new people" Annie says once she notices the annoyed expression on my face. "Yeah, whatever. As if I care" I say to hide whatever shitty feeling I have left after laying eyes on the singer that my sister loved before she was killed by snow.