Chapter 3

Johanna Mason Pov

I didn't know why but I felt my stomach twist at the sight of the woman in blue sitting with Gloss who wouldn't take the hint that she was just not interested. He tilts her book downwards to have her attention - he licks his lips which makes me barf in my mouth. I watch as he tries to chat her up with no success. She just stares at him blankly before freeing her book from his grasp and continues to write.

Gloss's jaw stiffens - completely forgetting that we are all here to view how well our tributes training is going so far. I can't help the feeling of pride as the woman in blue makes her way to the couch I'm sitting on and sits two cushions away from me. I could have sworn she glanced my way as she sat. A grin spreading my checks.

I continue to stare at her. She locks eyes with the doughnuts set on the table in front of us - she was staring so hard it almost made me laugh. But instead of caving she reaches into her pocket to pull out her pink pack of mints and takes two into her mouth to somehow satisfy her sugar craving. A heavy sigh leaves her nostrils as she bites her bottom lip while closing her eyes. Was she trying to convince herself that those mints were some sort of strawberry doughnut?

Resting her back on the seat I see her glance at me from the corner of her eye. Is this woman literally side eyeing me? "Hi, Y/n/n" Finnick plops himself beside her - taking a doughnut and stuffing his face. "Wow, Y/n you out did yourself with these. Very good" the blonde munches back at least five of the rounded sugar filled carbs. He smiles at me with his mouth closed, gesturing me to take one. I take one so he'll stop looking at me with his stupid smile.

I took a bite and genuinely enjoyed the sweet treat but as I was about to say something she was gone. I frantically look around with no success in finding the woman in blue.