After we called the police and everything got sorted out and the funeral happened Reilly moved in with me and Rubert. She doesn't say much or do anything. She missed the last game of the year. We won 15 to nothing. When I told her she didn't say anything or even smile, she just stared out her bedroom window.
"Is she doing any better?" Rubert asks as I come back down stairs from trying to give her some food.
"Not even a little." I sigh.
"Its been almost a week.
"I know. We barley have a 2 weeks together. The days are dwindling fast."
"Please. Don't bring it up." he cringes.
"Sorry." I look down at my hands. Theres a knock on the door and wr both look up. I get up and answer it.
"Aiden?" I ask. "What are you....doing here?"
"I came to see you. I hope you don't mind."
"No. Not at all. Come in." I gesture him in.
"Rubert. This is Aiden." I tell him when he comes in.
"And you are?" he asks.
"A friend of mine." I glare at him.
"When did you meet?"
"About a week ago."
"So when that thing...happened?" Rubert asks.
"Yes, the same day. Don't bring it up."
"Sorry. Well Aiden. Its nice to meet you."
"You to sir." he nods. Aiden looks at me with his eyebrow raised.
"We'll be up stairs." I tell Rubert. He takes a glance at Aiden and then me and and nods. I grab Aidens hand and we go up stairs. I open my door and we go in.
"So...Aiden. Why exactly did you come over. Specifically."
"I just wanted to see you. I wanted to see you again."
"How did you find my house."
"I work with the government. Its not hard to find people." he laughs.
"So you're stalking me." I joke.
"Maybe." he winks. "If you don't mind me asking...what happened on the day we met?"
"Oh umm. My um." I hesitate.
"If you don't want to talk about it-"
"No its fine...my friends creator was murdered."
"Oh. I'm sorry."
"Its fine. Things happen. Reilly is a little upset though."
"Where is she of her creator is gone?"
"She's living with me just until the day.."
"Oh. Is she here now?"
"Yeah, she wont do anything or say anything. Shes in the room down the hall."
"Mind if I talk to her?"
"Go ahead. It probably won't do much."
"I should just try though."
"If you want to." We leave the room and go to Reilly's room.
"Reilly?" I open the door. There she is sitting at the window in that dramatic way.
"This is Aiden. He wants to talk to you." I tell her. She doesn't budge and I nod at him.
"Just a few minutes." he nods.
"Okay." I close the door and go to my room. I sit on my bed and pull a pillow to my torso and start thinking.

"I'm back." he comes in and closes the door.
"How'd it go?" I ask looking up at him and moving my pillow.
"She said...she needs time and sgs just misses him a lot. She said to give her time to feel better and get over this. She said that a week isn't enough time to stop missing someone you loved for 18 years."
"You got her to say all that? I can't even get her to tell me if shes hungry. How did you do it?"
"Well...I went in there and told her that her friends really missed her. Of course she didn't even blink when I said that. Then I told her that she didn't know me but I knew how she was feeling. Losing a loved one is the hardest thing to do. It sucks when you miss them and you go months being upset but it won't help other arouns you. Imagine if he was still alive? And when you had to leave. It would suck for him and now hes in heaven looking down on you with a smile. And hes going to make sure he does everything to ensure your saftey no matter what. Even from his place in heaven. Then she looked at me and said "I thought no one believed in that shit anymore?" and I told her I did. She rolled her eyes and then started telling me how she just needed time."
"Thank you Aiden, Rubert and I thought she would be stuck like that forever."
"You're welcome." he smiles and walks closer to me. "Now we can talk."
"About what?" I laugh nervously.
"Us."
"What- what about us?"
"I like you. You like me."
"How do you know I like you?"
"How nervous you're being towards me. Stuttering. Trembling." he grabs my arms.
"I do this all...the time." I lie. If he thinks he can just come in here with his cute smile and pretty eyes and ask me out then he has another thing coming.
"Sure." he smirks making me smile.
"Look Aiden...I do. Like you. But...I'm leaving in 2 weeks and I barley know you."
"I work for the government. I can easily make it to where you can work for me."
"Aiden." I look down sighing. "I don't even know you."
"And we have 2 weeks to get to know each other."
"What happens after 2 weeks? I just leave with you. A man I barley know. You could be a murderer or a rapist."
"I promise, I'm not."
"Thats what they all say." I laugh.
"I'm just a guy asking out a girl."
"Fine. You have one night to make me really like you and then if you can't than bye bye Aiden."
"Is that a threat?" he laughs.
"Thats a promise." I move in closer to him so that our chests are touching.
"Okay." he bites his lip and then reaches down to kiss me. I put my finger on his lips.
"I don't think so." I smirk.
"Well I do." he moves his head a bit closer to me.
"I'll see you tomorrow." I move away and open my door.
"Tomorrow? Why not today."
"Just to make you wait." I push him out my bedroom door and close it.
"This isn't over." he warns. I roll my eyes and lay on my bed.