soap

A/N The song or video is not mine. This chapter is inspired by Melanie Martinez's Soap. Also sorry for not publishing a chapter for almost a week. Anyways, enjoy!!

{REGGIE POV}

Pre-death, 1993

"Actually? You want to just confess to some guy you just met a month ago?" Alex says.

"Well yeah.." I start off. "Lea's a nice guy that I really like, plus, I know she feels the same!"

"But she doesn't," Bobby interrupts, "you shouldn't be so sensitive about relationships."

"You guys are just gaslighting me because you like her!" I yell. I stand up and leave the dorm in a huff.

Long story short, I'm about to ask my crush out, Lea, but my friends thinks I shouldn't. To be honest, they suck. I'm sure Lea likes me back.. it's so clear!

I head to the school garden, where I was gonna meet Lea. As I walked on the pathway, I see Lea sitting elegantly on the bench. I wave to her and she waves back. I sat beside her confidently and clear my throat.

"Hey there Lea." I greet. Lea scoots over towards me which makes my cheeks burn.

"Hi handsome," she teases. "So what do you need?"

"I need to tell you something.." I reply, my heart practically trying to jump out of me.

"What's up?" Lea asks with those gorgeous doe eyes.

"I like you.. not just like though, but love, like actual love." I jump to the topic. Lea's smile drops which makes me do the same.

"Oh.." she says. "I'm sorry Reg, but I like someone else."

My heart shatters. My friends were right.. why do I always spill?

***

"God I wish I never spoke.." I rant to my best friends, "now I gotta wash my mouth out with soap!"

"It's not that bad Reg.." Bobby replies. I rub my face angrily.

"I should've never said the word love!" I reply. "I'm so fucking stupid!"

"Hey!" Luke butts in. "Listen to me Reginald, you are not stupid. You know what, Lea is. She's so fucking stupid for not liking you. It's her loss, not yours. So Reggie, if you call yourself stupid one more time, I swear to God I'll keep punching you till you lose that thought, got it?"

"I'm scared.." I murmur to Alex.

"I never knew he was this violent," Alex replies. "I like this side of his."

"Oh please!" Luke says. "Now Reggie, do you understand?"

"Yeah.. thanks for all this violence you dragged me into." I chuckle.

"No problemo"

A/N That's today's chapter folks. Sorry again for not posting much. My brain ain't braining these days. Anyways, thank you for 2.07K reads and 110 votes on this work! Love y'all<3