Final chapter

It was night time, Hyosan Highschool was far away, and so were the bad memories.

They were still in the region. Wanting to take the boarder so that they could go straight to Yangdong, and mostly so that they could avoid bumping into any more survivors, anyone on the main streets would be pretty much dead.

They had stopped at abandoned shops, trying to take clean clothes, and wiped themselves off as much as they could. They didn't know if they'd meet any civilians, but they figured they'd decide what to do along the way.

They didn't know what to do about Ji-su's veins, which seemed to have stopped growing after she had that murder rampage on the zombies.

She couldn't explain how she got them, she couldn't explain why she felt so much stronger the more they grew. She couldn't explain it, for this virus was a mystery.

An ever changing monster.

"The town is so much more peaceful like this" Eunji said, Ji-su only chuckled, walking along Eun-ji, the two intertwined hands. There were less Zombies on the street.

"Do you think we're going to be okay?" Ji-su asked. Eunji stayed silent for a moment.

"I don't know" she finally voiced. "I guess we'll see along the way.."

The two walked in a comfortable silence, walking straight up the road.

They heard the loud noise of a helicopter from afar, they were confused as they stopped walking to observe it in the air.

They didn't expect a bullet darting at then. Eunji was first to fall from the impact of 3 speeding bullets into her stomach, When Ji-su knelt down to the girl's side, she yelled her name in grief, thinking the worst for her, but then a sharp pain spread through her entire being, then another one, and then another one, all until her vision became blurry, and her eyes closed shut.
———
New Breed, finale.
———