enter the wolf

BOWIE HAD GROWN UP THE LONE WOLF AND SHE WAS HAPPY FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE TO BE LIKE THAT. it wasn't that she necessarily hated people and their company, she just didn't exactly fit in.

And she could break this down to three main reasons and they were all to do with gods. the first was that her dad had personally taken her to Camp halfblood. as in, he took her from the arms of her mum and walked her there by himself. as far as she was aware, no other gods did that.

the second reason was that during that journey to camp halfblood, ares had decided to bless his daughter. and it wasn't exactly a normal blessing. in battle, bowie could transform into a mighty she - wolf. a large wolf that could hurt and destroy. so since age nine, bowie knew she had a literal wolf lurking deep inside of her and waiting to be let out during battle to hurt everyone. and the thought scared her more than she ever admitted to anyone ( not that she really had anyone to admit it to )

and the third reason. . . well, that was the worst one. Bowie had known since she was nine that she wasnt supposed to have an easy life, at all. prophecies ruined lives alot and bowie happened to be one of the recipients of a prophecy. to be specific, a prophecy about her and a god ----- the sun god. ( since when were prophecies dating websites? ) and there was nothing worse than knowing the literal god of plagues who lost all his lovers was your soulmate.

so bowie became something of a lone wolf ----- a girl who only spoke to people if they went out of their way to start the conversation. Bowie didn't need to talk to people, she didn't need to make friends. because if she made friends and said friends were put in danger. . . she dreaded to think what she could actually do with her power. would she completely lose control of her mind and spiral into the mind of a feral creature? how did she even transform in the first place, ares never told her. and she didn't know if she could ever transform back into a normal girl after transforming.

so basically ares had given her a pretty bad blessing ----- she would atleast appreciate it if he gave her some instructions on how to summon the she - wolf but he didn't so. . . she wasn't going to be thanking him anytime soon. because of his blessing and the whole "you're fated with apollo" thing she was too scared to make friends in fear she would scare them off.