six / the claiming

BOWIE WAS GLAD THAT EVERYTHING WENT BACK TO NORMAL OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS. no more stymphalian birds, minotaurs, the fates cutting string, people's parents dying ( that bowie knew of ), or anything else too out of the norm. which bowie was very grateful for, she was beginning to get sick of all the exciting things that had happened recently. sure, it was nice to have some excitement in life sometimes, but she'd had enough to last her the rest of her short life.

percy seemed to be settling in well, his lessons were going good, so bowie figured he was doing fine. clarisse hadn't done anything malicious to him either, so maybe she'd forgotten about the toilet incident ( but probably not, this was clarisse who held grudges very easily ). but she wasn't making the fact she was pissed at percy everyone else's problem, like she sometimes did. so, it couldn't have been that bad.

except when it came to wrestling and she would pulverize percy. and there was still no sign of who his godly parent could be. he wasn't really good at alot of things, which made it harder to figure out who his dad could be. bowie was starting to second guess her idea of who it was and start to think maybe it was a minor god who had some association with rivers ----- like a god of one of the rivers. though, she didn't see why a woman like Sally Jackson would go for some river god.
          Sally Jackson was very pretty. and bowie just couldn't imagine her settling for a minor, river god. that then brought back around the idea of percy's dad being a more. . . major god. it made sense for the god she had in mind to chase after a woman like sally Jackson.

it was all just too confusing for bowie. and so was everything else ----- like ethan suddenly disliking viktor. as in, if she was with viktor and saw ethan, he would walk away from them. and if she was with ethan and viktor came to join them, ethan would make up some excuse or just ignore viktor entirely.
which made bowie question ----- what did viktor do that made ethan suddenly hate him?

viktor seemed to maybe know but he wasn't telling bowie and would make up an excuse about being tired, or having to head to archery practise or whatever.
          basically, bowie was completely in the dark about both boys and it was really confusing the fuck out of her.

"boys are complicated. . . creatures, bowie. what can you do about it?"

somehow, bowie had found herself making friends at a weirdly fast pace now. it seemed that by becoming somewhat friends with viktor, some other people in camp noticed her a bit more. and one of her. . . ( she supposed calling her a friend was a bit too much, considering this was one of their first conversations they'd ever had ) one of the girls that viktor was friends with seemed pretty willing to be friends with bowie.