two / ruthie

BOWIE WAS NOT ENJOYING ALL THIS ONE BIT ----- BEING STUCK IN THE ADOPTION SYSTEM. because it would just be her luck that the one time she decides to leave camp halfblood, she's practically ambushed by two people who work for some new york adoption agency.

according to them, they'd been looking for her for a few years, since she'd "vanished" from her mama's home. she did technically vanish, but she couldn't just tell some mortals she'd vanished to a camp for people who were half god, they'd probably think she was insane and send her to a mental hospital.

( a future bowie would look back on this moment and realise the two people from the adoption agency wouldn't be too far off if they thought she was insane )

but there was just one problem, bowie didn't want or need to be adopted. she lived at camp halfblood, and maybe soon she'd live back with mama in the house, and back with becca. the only problem were these adoption agency people who she really could not escape ----- she'd lost them in a crowd, ran for five minutes straight and they'd still somehow tracked her down.

basically, they made it very clear to bowie that she was coming with them and she would be getting adopted, no matter how hard she tried to escape them. the problem was that bowie didn't consider herself to be "ideal adoption material". to start it off, she scowled half the time, she was unapologetically rude to any adult figure ( apart from chiron and occasionally mr d ) ----- and she kept insulting the adoption agency people in an attempt to get them to abandon her.

they didn't abandon her.

she quickly realised it was pretty much helpless to try and escape them, or get them to decide she wasn't good enough to be adopted ----- they were way too determined to get her adopted ( though she wasn't sure why ). though, she did admire the dedication they had, but she disliked them both. alot.

she had tried to explain quite a few times, as they walked through the city, that she simply didn't do family, it wasn't something she really knew how to do. . . well, that was close enough to what she said anyway.

"if I get adopted, I'll strangle any younger kids to assert my dominance over them. then with older siblings, I'll force them to sleep in bins in the pouring rain. then I'll just, like, eat the parents."

the adoption agency lady just burst put laughing, "oh, aren't you a hilarious little thing! tell the girl how hilarious she is, Ben."

ben, the adoption agency man, chuckled, "she is very funny, holly. but luckily for her, the candidate that offered to adopt you is a young woman who lives by herself."