three / percy jackson

LET BOWIE MAKE IT KNOWN THAT SHE DID NOT DO EXTRACTIONS. she was much more content to stay at camp halfblood all year round. with the whole ruthie situation, she was not going to be desperate to leave camp again anytime soon.

when she got back to camp with clarisse, they both immediately headed for the ares cabin so they could change into dry clothes. bowie hated to admit it, but she actually missed the horrendous fluorescent orange camp halfblood tops. and that was saying something, she hated the standard t - shirt for campers to wear, it was way too ugly.

afterwards, she headed outside to find ethan. and he wasn't hard to find, he was talking to someone that bowie recognised as a son of demeter who'd only been at camp for about a month or two ( if she remembered correctly, his name was viktor. he had made his own way to camp halfblood, without the help of his mortal or godly parent, or even a satyr ).

"ethan!" she called his name out.
he instantly recognised her voice and looked over at her, "bowie!" he said, "where have you been?" he asked as she reached him.
"got adopted, its all cool now though." she said, looking at the son of demeter, "hey, uh. . . it's viktor, right?"

viktor nodded and spoke with a slight russian accent, "yes, you are bowie, correct? it is very nice to meet you, ethan talks about you alot." he nudged ethan with his elbow and ethan's cheeks flushed red.

"well, I'm glad ethan made a new friend while I was away. I'd hate for him to be lonely." bowie said, "it's very nice to meet you viktor."

bowie and ethan's little duo became a trio when viktor tagged along with them. the boy was quite loud, she noticed and talked alot. he was a relatively new demigod so she couldn't blame him for being like an excited puppy. he seemed pretty powerful too. at one point, bowie made a comment about how she was hungry for an apple and viktor snapped his fingers and an apple popped out of the ground, just like that. it normally took alot of training for children of demeter to tap into abilities like that, but viktor did it with such ease.

the day passed by in a blur. bowie got back to training and spent a few hours with her brand new weapon, an axe which she liked the weight and feel of. it was good for throwing and chopping, so she decided it would do her well for a while, until she got bored and switched weapons again.

then it was dinner. she sat at the ares table, as always and ate along with her cabin mates, laughing and joking around. her and sherman yang got into an arm wrestle at one point, which she won. obviously. and clarisse kept the attention away from bowie enough so that no one noticed or questioned her avoidance of meat that night. and no one questioned the claw marks on her and clarisse, so dinner was pretty easy for both girls to get through.