eight / the bus blows up

IT DIDNT TAKE PERCY LONG TO PACK. he decided that taking the Minotaur horn with him was just excessive so didn't pack it. since he didn't really have many personal belongings, he ended up with an extra change of clothes and toothbrush to put in a backpack.

Chiron had given him, annabeth and bowie each a canteen of nectar and a ziploc bag full of ambrosia squares, to be used only in emergencies, if they were seriously hurt. It was god food, Chiron reminded them. It would cure them of almost any injury, but it was lethal to mortals. Too much of it would make a half - blood very feverish. An overdose would burn a demigod up, literally.

bowie made some comment about, "burning up sounds like a fun experience, do you wanna try it out percy?" to which percy responded, "my eyes do that when they see you." bowie took offence and almost put some sort of curse on him ( he wasn't sure if it would work but she started a sentence with "I curse you ----- " ) and percy had never been happier for chiron's intervention.

though, despite her passive aggressive comments towards him constantly and how she really couldn't take alot of things seriously ( or anything seriously ), she was growing on him pretty quickly. there was something about her that made percy just feel at ease in her present, and she seemed like a good person, despite some of the things she said.
           she didn't seem to be bringing alot of stuff with her either. she brought her axe, which looked heavy and very sharp ( percy made a mental note not to piss her off while she was holding that thing ), and a backpack with some perfume that smelt of some kind of fruit, a toothbrush, some kind of drink and a hoodie. also, for whatever reason, she brought some hair straighteners.

"what's the need for them?" percy asked, when he saw them in her bag.
          bowie flashed him a grin, "they belong to one of my sisters, who I wanna piss off. I take these, she doesn't know and chaos follows in the cabin. with luck, there's still gonna be arguing when we come back."
          if he was being completely honest, he liked the idea of that. seeing the ares cabin all argue over a pair of hair straighteners would be a very amusing sight.

annabeth and Grover brought some stuff with them too and with that, the four were ready to begin their quest. ( though, for reasons unknown, bowie was wearing a blonde wig. when he tried to ask her why she shot him a look and went, "I hate the new york adoption agency." he didn't exactly know what she meant but decided not to question her. )