Chapter 4

(Jax POV)

We run out the front door, 15 meters away from the apartment building as we get behind cover.

Kat: "Was that all of the explosives?" Kat asks for Nova only shrugs her shoulders.

Nova: "I was able to go through about 4 or so, I'm not a super soldier Kat." The explosive experts say.

Jack: "How much time do you think we got Nova? If there is another explosive I mean." My squad leader asks the alpha team member.

Nova: "3 minutes... more or less maybe...? not sure." The leopard says thinking to herself.

Jack: "So we just sit around for 3 minutes instead of checking?" The dragon questions.

Kat: "Too risky to go back in, besides we pulled the fire alarm and police are commanding people to get out." Kat says while pointing towards the police blockade.

Kat: "I don't think anyone is in there."

I stop listening to my commanders and look around at everyone else to see them talking with some of the police. I do a head count and notice we are missing the human!

Jax: "Hey guys where is the human!?" I shouted out which only got me a confused look from everyone.

There was a few seconds of silence.

Kat: "He's dead kid, I don't know what to tell you but he was bleeding out severely." Kat says coldly, breaking the silence.

Jack: "Jax I'm sorry." The dragon says with some sympathy towards me.

Roxy: "Did the kid have some sort of crush on the fucker?" Roxy says walking over to us, which makes me growl at her.

Jax: "I joined to save lives not leave one behind."

Emile: "You joined the wrong side then faggot, we actually get shit done here." The fennec fox says making my blood boil.

"I fucking hate that fox"

Jack: "Just leave him alone" Jack says annoyed at Roxy.

Roxy: "Naw fuck that, it's funny when he always gets mad." The shark taunts.

I look around to see that Artic, Nova, Kat, and Jayce have left the area somewhere. I sigh before throwing my SCAR L on the ground and watching closely at the building.

Roxy: "Throwing a fit now are we?" The bigger shark teases.

"Who knew the best soldiers in the world were such assholes" I think to myself.

I watch the apartment building closely as I tune out Roxy and Jack fighting with one another. I stared for about 2 minutes until I heard the sound of a dang against a door which made my ear twitch.

Erick: "GET THE FUCK DOWN!" The human yells as he kicks down one of the side doors while holding something.

Before anyone could react, an explosive goes off which makes half the apartment cave in on itself with debris falling everywhere and people going crazy.  I quickly get my shit together and run towards the human to notice the state he is in, multiple gunshot wounds to his plate carrier with one in his thigh and shoulder and a knife in his shoulder.

Jax: "How the fuck are you alive!" I yell to him as I run to go support his weight as he clearly begins to weaken.

Erick: "C-can't kill a Cadaver-" He tries to say before passing out onto me.