Chapter 5

Erick: "No, this can't be real... this is just some sick joke right...?" I look down at the bed, getting myself lost in deep thought, the feeling of my entire life was a lie lingering.

Jack: "I think he needs time to clear his mind, we should take them outside and explain it out there." Jack says in a comforting way.

I close my eyes from the stinging pain and look around the room, feeling weakened and starved with the bomb collar scratching at my throat still.

Erick: "I feel like shit... I can't understand" I say with a terrible headache starting in my head.

Docter: "From what these two have told me, you were in deep Apex territory so I guess you wouldn't hear about the other countries." He informs.

Erick: "Maverick always said that humanity was dead." I say confused and groan a bit from the head pain.

Doctor: "Well... he isn't entirely wrong there are very few of us." The doctor answered with a sad expression.

Doctor: "Human rights have been going downhill even in pro-human countries."

Jack: "Are you sure we should talk about this now, he is out of it." Jack says with concern.

I look down and stare at my hands which are noticeably more pale, almost ghostly pale. My head aches from the pain as I try to piece together what is being said.

I frown and look back up at the doctor curiously.

Erick: "You know why?" I ask curiously.

Docter: "I don't entirely know but it could be out of fear due to what is happening in Apex and Vend." The doctor says with the same upset face.

I give him a confused look at the new names.

Erick: "What is Apex and Vend? I heard of Apex but not Vend" I ask confused.

Doctor: "Well to put it simply, Apex is a federation that goes across Canada and the USA to put it in your terms."

I raise my eyebrow at him with the same confused look.

Doctor: "Well you said you're from Alaska yes?"

Erick: "Maverick mentioned it once or twice but never described it fully." I explain.

I look away from the doctor and notice Jax and Jack are no longer in the room, making me sigh sadly.

Doctor: "Well, I can explain it more as you are on bed rest." The doctor says with a slight smile.

Doctor: "Nice seeing a human in the small place of Aperture, we have very few."

I look back at the doctor with more curiosity with the more he talks.

Erick: "How large is Aperture?" I ask with my attention fixated on him.

Doctor: "Very tiny, Aperture is only as big as Aper itself on the coast of what used to be Canada."

Docter: "Though in time it would be liberated by the Apex federation as they are already almost the entirety of former North America." The doctor says now without worry and fear in his voice.

Erick: "You mention a place called Vend, where is that?" I ask.

Doctor: "Very small now as it's only Canada's east coast islands, Apex is struggling to get to the island but in time Vend will crumble to the federation. The doctor says with more worry than before.

Erick: "What does N.A.F stand for?" I ask remembering the patches I saw on Kat's team.

Doctor: "National army of the federation"