2

*Lina*

*Lina*

"Kids!" My mothers voice yells. "Come out back, dinners ready!"

Ethan is the boy from the beach, and the boy from the beach is ethan.

Ethan is already on my bad side, at least he apologized.

No. He's definitely on my bad side, who gave him the right to invade my privacy like that.

As we make our way out back Mrs. Hayes is introducing Ethan to my brothers. I try my best to avoid them making my way around to the opposite end of the table.

"Catalina, honey, come meet Ethan." I slowly turn my head and see Mrs. Hayes with a huge smile on her face gesturing to Ethan who looks quite nervous actually.

Interesting he sure as hell wasn't nervous earlier.

"Hi, Catalina. I'm Ethan." He slowly and gently grabs my hand bringing it up to his lips kissing my knuckles holding my gaze.

What is this the 18th century?

But something about the way my name rolls off his tongue so effortlessly makes something swirl in the pit of my stomach, he doesn't say it in the american pronunciation but rather the rich spanish one.

I don't know how to feel about that.

Is he just going to act like we've never met? Fine by me. Maybe a fresh start will be nice.

Yeah, no first impressions are everything.

"Hi, nice to meet you." I plaster a very fake smile on my face as I slowly pull my hand out of his grasp.

I hope he knows it's the fakest one of the century.

"All right, enough formalites let's sit down and eat!" My dad yells causing a rumble of laughter between the two families.

I move to sit as far away from Ethan as possible but of course my brothers have to ruin my plan and take up the only seats open away from him except for one.

Thankfully Stella didn't try and I take the open spot. I let out a breath of relief as I plop down into the seat in between Sky and my Mom.

My dad brings in the last of the dishes from the kitchen neatly placing them on the table and as soon as he takes a seat on the other side of mom we dig in.

I reach straight for the empanadas; those are one of my favorite foods.

"So, how was everyone's year?" Mr. Hayes asks everyone to take a sip of his wine.

Most of us give short responses but of course very talkative Fernando gives him a whole run down of his year.

"Well Mr. Hayes thanks for asking, first I got back into tennis, a lovely sport by the way-" Antonio shoves a bread roll in his mouth before he can continue on and I try my best to contain my laughter.