3

*Ethan*

*Ethan*

"Hey dad, it's your son. Your only son might i add, when you come to your senses let me know. If I don't hear from you within 2 weeks, don't bother calling at all, ever again." I send the voicemail.

He's being a prick.

After school a few days ago I drove over to my dads ready for summer "vacation" More like summer hell and he was just gone. I told my mom he disappeared and she booked me a flight within minutes.

Ever since I can remember all he does all summer is hook up with girls way too young for him and travels around without me, the only time he gets to see his own kid.

Again, his only kid.

To keep myself occupied during those summers I would just keep playing soccer, which is what I do during the school year too.

This upcoming year will be my 4th year on the team and I'm captain this year as well.

Which of course my dad has no idea about even though he's the one who pushed me into soccer. He knows nothing about it. Not a clue, not even my favorite color.

My mom is amazing though, such a kind and hardworking woman. Dan is chill, he's Stella and Skye's dad.

We don't talk much even though he and my mom have been married ever since I was 4 years old.

There's no bad blood between us, we just never interact I guess.

I also like to surf. I only get to do that when I go on vacation with one of my friends back home each summer.

The only thing I asked for when I had to come here was for my surfboard.

When I went up to Catalina on the beach, I didn't think much of it.

What can I say, I'm quite the talker.

Chatterbox if you will.

But the way she got so riled up made me want to do it even more, which is odd.

Made me want to rile her up just to get her to talk to me, something tells me she won't talk to me otherwise.

This has all been an odd change for me and quite uncomfortable actually and for the first time ever i feel awkward and out of place, like i'm intruding.

I'm hanging clothes up in the closet when I hear 3 knocks at the door.

I walk over to the door opening it up.

"Hi mom, what's up?" I open the door wider for her to come in.

"Oh nothing, just wanted to say hi." She never just wants to say hi.

"What is it?"

"I can ask the boys if you can tag along. You know, they are very sweet boys." My mom says as I move onto unpack my clothes into the dresser neatly.