4

*Ethan*

*Ethan*

I hear Catalina goes to swing/salsa every Monday and Wednesday night.

Interesting.

Today is Monday night, how ironic! I don't think she would mind me signing up.

I internally do an evil laugh while I grab my phone tracking down the only swing and salsa studio near hear.

I sign up for Mondays and Wednesdays.

I'm a genius, obviously.

"Ethan!"

"Yeah, mom?" I poke my head outside of the stairs that overlook the living room.

"Would you and 1 or 2 of the other kids go to the store for me, i just need a few things."

"I can ask-"

"Catalina!" She announces. "You, my darling are here at the perfect time. Will you go with Ethan and get a few things from the store for lunch for me?"

When my mom gives you the puppy eyes there's no denying her.

"Well, I was just about-" Catalina points up the stairs.

"Thank you so much, love!" My mom gives her a big hug shaking back and forth gently.

"You can take my car, Ethan." She tosses me the keys and I catch them swiftly.

"Text me what you need, mom." I put my shoes on and glance at Catalina to see if she's coming or if she booked it out the back.

I wouldn't be shocked at the 2nd option.

"I will drive safe." She points her finger at me with a straight face before switching to a bright smile like a light switch.

"I love you guys, bye now!"

I walk out to the car opening the passenger side door before walking over to the driver's side, getting inside.

I wait a few seconds thinking she really did take up the second option.

Not long after, she walks out the front door with the maddest face ever.

"And we meet again, sunny. Lovely day, don't you think?" I wait for her to close the door and buckle before shifting the car gear into reverse.

"The loveliest." She mutters.

Sadly there's no backup camera like I'm used to so I place my hand on the back of the passenger headrest shifting my upper body to get a good view of the back of the car.

2 blocks later there's a stop sign and I hit the break a little harder than normal. Catalina's head slightly bobs forward.

She slowly turns her head in my direction and I simply smile in response.