8. Stay with me...

Your soulmate is not someone that comes into your life peacefully

Your soulmate is not someone that comes into your life peacefully. It is someone who comes to make you question things , who changes your reality, somebody that marks a before and after in your life. It is not the human being everyone has idealized, but an ordinary person, who revolutionize your world in a second. There must be someone coming into your mind while you are reading these lines... there are chances that maybe they are your soulmate...

I read at the end of the book and smile. But when his image came in my mind as soon as I read the last words, my smile fades a little.

Although I have now come in terms with the fact that I have a crush on him and maybe more. But there are no chances.

He is fire and I am water... We are totally different. There is really no way he would ever think of me as that special someone. Because I was not special.

He is a poem, beautifully written and composed.
A song, so euphoric...
A novel, so captivating....
While I am just an unwritten thought
the half finished story
the long forgotten melody.
There's no chance. At all.

I bite my lips as I sit, lost in thoughts on the same bench that has seen the friendship blooming between me and him. But it will never see anything more than that.

"You read the book?" His voice startles me. How does he always know where to find me? No matter how hard I will try, I won't ever be able to escape this trap of emotions he has created within me. And he makes it even more harder.

"Yeah... I read the whole book..." I see him taking a seat beside me on the bench.

"How's your ankle?" He asks.

"It's fine now" That day we went to the nurse's office and she told us that I got a sprain in my ankle. Although the pain in my back subsided by evening, but I still had to go around with a bandage on my leg to compress the sprained area.
When Jimin came to know about the little accident in the library, he, as expected, freaked out. He even at one point blamed Jeongguk for not catching me on time, at which me and Yoongi hyung had to fight with him a little. But we all later laughed it off.

"Are you gonna go to the trip coming up?" He asks again cutting the silence between us.

"Yeah... you?" I take out my earphones and put on Taylor Swift's songs. He says a yes and takes the another earpiece, fitting it into his ear.

"Stay with me Taehyung..."

"Huh?" I cough.

"I mean Hoseok hyung is not going on the trip and Yoongi and Jimin will obviously ghost us cause you know... So stay with me on the trip Taehyung, I have no one else."

I could practically hear my heart beats or was it the intro of Wildest Dreams that just started playing. I don't know.

With red cheeks, I nod at him passing him a small smile.

"Words Taehyung...Promise me that you won't leave my side..." He laughs and says.

"I promise to stay with you Jeongguk... Always" I whisper softly. He smiles and then we both spend the remaining time chatting about general things and listening to songs.

---------------------------

Do vote and comment if you liked the chapter💗

~Momo💜