Epilogue: Peace to the Fallen.

Geneva, Switzerland, Coalition's Mass Memorial, 10/07/2034 [DD/MM/YYYY], Kevin's POV.

Fathers. Mothers. Sons. Daughters. Brothers. Sisters. Grandmas. Grandpas...

We've lost people...

No...

We've lost Heroes. Every one of them.

They've died, so that Humanity of the Solaris can live on.

Since we've won the Terra Invicta War... Their sacrifices were not in vain.

You can guess why am I here.

I'm saying my farewell to my men. Not many of them are NPX Soldiers, and most were Conscripts but they're still my Soldiers regardless of which flags they bear.

After I'd finished mourning the dead, and was about to leave the place...

"Heretic!!! You've scorned the path of our God! You may have saved humanity, but your soul will burn in Eternal Damnation!!!" A Fanatic Leader yelled.

I stared at them and crossed my arms... Utterly disappointed, that some never changed. The Military Police repelled them with their Riot Gear, Riot Shields, and Stun Batons. Including Non-Lethal Weapons.

"Sorry about them, General. I guess you still have some enemies... But, thank you for everything you've done for us, General." A MP Commander.

I let out a slight smile and said.

"I'm honored. Don't forget to take care of yourself."

"I will. Thank you, General... Let me escort you."

And I was escorted outside, and the Fanatics threw rocks, shells, some tossed Molotov Cocktails at me, but they were quickly blocked by the Military Police.

"This has been declared as an unlawful assembly! Leave immediately or be Incarcerated for attacking our 1st Federal Forefather!" A Second in Commander yelled with her Radio.

After I was escorted out of the building, my friends, along with my subordinates were there too. They saluted when they saw me and they called me.

"Commander." As usual.

At this, Asra came to me and said...

"You're not going to lead the Phoenix Project anymore, Commander? Then... Who's going to?"

"Yeah, Kevin... Who'd be the new Leader of the NPX, after you resigned?" Kasumi.

After some thinking... I placed my NPX Commander's Beret and put it onto Asra. Which surprises them, mostly Asra.

"C-Commander...!?" Asra.

"Woah... Congrats on your Promotion, Commander Asra... Or should I say, Colonel Asra!" Kasumi added.

"Indeed. You'll have a lot of work in your hand, but I suppose you'll need a secretary, just in case, you're absent or incapacitated." Fiona, still with her Neutral Expression.

"Hmm... You're right... I've known someone though!" Asra.

"Oh? Care tell then?" Kevin was curious, along with other NPX Members.

"Her name is Georgine Jeanette! I asked her if she could be my Secretary if I was chosen as the New Leader of the NPX, and she agreed! Plus, she's a Senior DGSE Agent. So, as Fiona said, intelligence is important." Asra replied, which earned approving nods from other members.

"Yeah. She's right."

"Agreed. Better have someone experienced."

"No one has objection to your decision, Colonel."

Asra then turned to me, with a smile.

"Even if you're no longer a Commander... You're still our Commander in our hearts!"

Another cheers, they agreed with Asra. I'm still the Commander in their hearts.

"Visit our HQ from time to time, Commander!" An NPX Officer told me.

"I will... Thank you for all of your efforts, everyone. Without you guys and our allies' efforts, our world would've been gone."

They all saluted at me, as their farewell...

By the time, I had to walk to the Limo, Jacqueline was waiting for me in there... I hear the crowd of civilians, cheering me the moment they see me, thanking me for my actions, including of my men. While the Federal Police are making sure that things remain orderly.

Some cried, mostly the Kamis... That I'm no longer leading them... I didn't ask or make them cry...?

Others gave me a respectful nod. Liking my decision to step down... I could've become a King or an Emperor of the Solaris...

However, I choose to step down from Military Command and return home to Australia. And restart my job as a Bartender. Not a General. Hence, I've handed my resignation papers to the Newly Established Federal Senate... Which shocked all of them, and they expected me to be a General for life.

And for some reason, I've become the embodiment of Republican Heroism, like George Washington and Lucius Quanctius Cancinnatus... Some historians are too sympathetic to me...

I did have blood on my hands, likely from my disregard of the Chinese Concripts, that 60% of them, I've sent them to the Meat Grinder without a second thought. Along with my questionable actions during the Second Sino-Vietnam War.

... Regardless, I just hope that people know my sins so that they can avoid making the same mistakes as I did... Including the other founders. While upholding my virtues.

After I got into the Limo, Jacqueline was already inside, and after I'd taken a seat... She kissed me on the cheek.

"... Already gotten very warm for me, now?"

"I've managed to get some of the guys from the newly formed Federal Departments to lighten the load. So, I can finally have a vacation with you, for the time being." Jacqueline with a warm smile... And the first time I saw her with that smile.

"Finally, you can express your emotions easily?" I got curious.

"I finally got some good rest, after the war is over, and decentralized the governmental powers. Ie. Separation of Power."

"Still a lot of work, right?"

She sighed and said...

"Yeah... But I finally can get some rest. And we can... Do some intimate things in the resort, together?~"

"... You do know, that I'm now an equivalence of Adam Jensen, right?" I told her.

"Did you forget that your fleshy 'Buckshot' is still intact?~"

"..."

Well shit... You can imagine what we both did, after getting a room at a Five Star Resort...

At least, it was consensual...

Ahem...

Now... Only the Future Remains...