The Fae Court

There had been the another victim to the Lipstick Killer. Shu was already there when Jessamine had sauntered over, a grimace permanent on her face. "Someone looks unhappy," taunted the vampire as he lifted his gaze from the body to Jessamine.

"Debrief me, Sakamaki."

The vampire rolled his eyes as he crouched beside the body. "Nothing like the last body we found," he said, "this one is one of hers." Jessamine couldn't disagree as her eyes landed on the stiff body of the Woman of the Night.

A medici dagger had been pierced into her heart. This had been a quick kill. "Hm…" said Jessamine with a small frown, "something feels off."

"This wasn't an easy kill," replied Shu as he tucked the woman's matted hair behind her pointy ears.

"Is that-"

"A Fae, yes." Shu groaned.

"So what does this mean?"

"The Fae Court would most likely start a war against the humans… so we need to find their court and explain before they find out." He stood straight, shoving his hands in his pocket. "A good thing to note, though, the Fae can harm Shapeshifters quite easily. This was a clean kill so a part of me believes she was attacked at her first attempt."

"Detective!" The Rookie, Jensen, called, "There's more blood over there!" He pointed to the end of the alley where a photographer stood. Shu sent a quick look Jessamine's way before he held out his arm for her to take.

"Shall we, Sir?" He smirked.

"Silence, Sakamaki."

-_-_-_-

"Where would you find the Fae Court?" Clarke asked as he sat in the carriage opposite the know-it-all vampire. "And why do you seem so… frightened?"

"I am not frightened, Clarke," scoffed the Prince as he crossed his arms over his chest, "however, the Fae are difficult to speak with. Unlike Vampires, however, the myths are true."

"So they tell the truth?"

"Yes." Shu said. "They will try to make us drink their wine - I would advise against it. However, if we do, it doesn't affect me as much as it would you."

"What?"

"How much do you know about the Fae, Clarke?"

"Not much," she admitted. She had known, however, that her grandmother was a Fae.

"This is the wood…" Clarke frowned as Shu's arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her from the carriage. "I only require your hand, not a grand exit." Shu smirked as she pushed him away from her. "How do we find this… door?"

"Well…" Shu said, "you need Fae blood, I hadn't thought this far." Jessamine's eyebrows furrowed as her jaw clenched, staring in disbelief at the vampire. "We'll have to use the body." He pointed to the bag laid out on the carriage floor. Jessamine shook her head, about to say something when she spotted something out of the blue.

"It's there." She said, pointing with a gloved finger to an opening in the wood.

"Whatever are you looking at?" Shu scowled as he squinted in the direction she was pointing, "What are your pesky, human eyes seeing that I am not?"

"Just follow me; and bring the body."

"Why must I carry it?"

"You're the man." Shu frowned at her statement, obviously confused as he trekked back to the carriage. Jessamine took off towards the door.