in my eye / ⁴

I kiss like I lie,
You wait for a sign.
It's what you, what you want from me.

➶-͙˚ ༘✶

_______________

3rd POV

PJ and Josie's plan was to get Mr. G to be their advisor for their fight club.

Everyone was standing around their seats, Hazel leaned her body to Isabel's side while her friend played with her hair, and Brittany looked at her nails leaning beside them.

Hazel, didn't know if to feel mad or sad, when she arrived at class, she went to say hi to Helena, and she ignored her looking away, maybe she did get weird out about the ten calls she left and the five voicemails, but she could at least not ignore her. So her plan was to stare at her back the whole class to see if at any moment she would turn around.

"The Holocaust. It happened." said Mr. G.

Everyone started to move around not paying attention to his lesson, Isabel moved close to PJ and Josie curious about the conversation they way were having with Sylvie, Brittany moved around leaving Helena by herself, Hazel took the opportunity and jumped over the seats, standing dramatically next to her.

Helena looked everywhere but her, she was chewing gum, and it was helping right now; "So, how was cheerleading practice?" Hazel asked in a dry tone.

Helena turned looking up quickly, noticing how her shoulders were almost brushing she made a move back to put some space, "Uhm it was well, sorry I couldn't come to your club thing—" For once it seemed that Helena was nervous.

Hazel moved once again close to her, she crossed her arms, staring intently at her glossy lips, "You know you don't have to lie, I know you guys don't have practice on Mondays." She played with the linen of her cardigan.

Helena's mouth dropped, "I— honestly, I just don't know if I need to learn self-defense like, for what?" She moved her right foot around, looking down.

Hazel couldn't believe it, she felt frustrated right now for her, it was obvious, and she gave her a quick look up and down, "I don't know, maybe, for your psychotic ex-boyfriend, you know the one with the restriction order. Honestly, if you didn't want to come, you should've just told me." Her voice went up and then down at the last words, the disappointed look and frown upon Hazel's mouth actually made Helena feel bad.

Helena didn't know what to answer, should she tell her the truth or just keep lying.

"Helena... are you coming?" Isabel asked giving her a weird look standing at the door with her bag to take, the bell had just rung, PJ and Josie were also there, who seemed like they heard their argument too, had smirks in their faces.

Hazel scratched her head and turned around, grabbing her bag. Helena walked quickly beside Isabel out of the classroom.

"So... what was that? I didn't know you were friends with Hazel." Isabel said, giving her an odd look again.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked, walking quickly to her locker, and putting things away.

"Helena, you only get nervous when you actually like someone—" Isabel said lowering her voice and leaning against her locker.