all the little things that you do/ ¹²

I don't fall in love with anyone,
I swear it, like a G
And I don't write love songs but
in this one,
I bow to you.

I don't fall in love with anyone, I swear it, like a GAnd I don't write love songs but in this one, I bow to you

warning: this is chapter is so depressing and i hate myself for it.

_______________

HAZEL's POV

When Hazel woke up to white shining lights and the smell of sanitizer, she knew she was in the hospital. Her mouth was dry, and she groaned as she tried to sit up on the bed, "Here." A soft voice instructed to her right, making her turn her neck quickly, it was Helena, filling a cup with water, gently placing it towards her lips, so she could drink.

Hazel thought that maybe she had died because she couldn't grasp her being here, the silence could be cut with a knife as Helena just stared at her with a sad, broken look, she noticed the purple bags under her eyes.

"You have been here for two days, the doctor said you were knocked out with the kick, so your body was trying to gain some strength to wake up again." She explained, playing with the sleeves of her white sweater. Hazel just gazed at her, looking at her eyes, trying to decipher her emotions and thoughts.

Helena looked at her almost without blinking, a deep frown on her lips, and glossy eyes, "You know Hazel... all my life I have been defined by my looks and relationships, that's it, with boys, and girls, and it's tiring, I'm more than that. I thought that perhaps this time, just for once, someone saw me as more than a slut, and as the reason my relationships never lasted.

She took a deep breath, "I guess I just expected too much, from someone who I thought was the sweetest girl I have ever met, to see her perceive me as everyone else did, at the end of the day." Her voice sounded defeated, she looked tired.

"Hel... I'm so sorry, about everything, I just felt insecure. I thought that maybe you were seeing that weird boy while seeing me, and I-I got so mad and lashed out at you, and you don't deserve that I make you feel judged or shamed by your past relationships; they don't define you, you're more than that." Hazel's voice trembled, and her eyes started tearing up, while she tried to pour her heart out to her, she was hoping and wishing that Helena would forgive her, that they would go back to the way things were before the fight club ended.

Helena stood up from her seat, crossing the room to stand next to her, gazing at her face and beat-up eye, she brushed her hand under the stitching on her cheek, like trying to memorize her features, Hazel idly grabbed her hand bringing it to her chest near her heart while giving her a hopeful look, she gave her hand a soft peck.