Chapter 1: THE PAST

Walking down the snowy road "Shenzu" was going back to his home. Usually, shenzu reaches home early but as a fact today is Christmas, he was a little late.

Shenzu works in the gift shop own by him and his wife name "Maria" and because of the Christmas there was a rush in the shop so he let maria go first to make the celebration and stayed late in the shop.

Shenzu has a lean but muscular body like an athlete, 5 foot 10 inches tall with a long black hair like any movie actor. Today he is very happy because he has bought a Christmas present for his 10-year-old daughter name "Sofia". He bought her favorite doll as a gift which she wants from a very long time and tonight she is going to get it.

Walking on the side of the road and smiling he was very excited to see her little princess reaction after receiving a present. He was thinking of the different ways to surprise her with the present that's when his phone rings.

Shenzu stops on the side of the road to see whose phone it is, he checked it and it was from his wife. He pick up the phone and said " I am 5 minutes away darling" without letting her speak.

For a sec maria doesn't reply. Hello maria, are you there? Shenzu said.

But instead of hearing maria's voice all he heard is the pain full crying of Sofia. The happy face of shenzu turns into the fear. Her crying left shenzu completely terrified and he start wondering what's really happening at home. That's when an unknown person with a dark and deep voice replied "Merry Christmas shenzu"

On this dark voice shenzu replied who is it and what the hell are you doing at my home?

That unknown person cuts the shenzu words with jingle bell rhymes. Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle all the way and shenzu keep asking and shouting on the other side of the phone that's when that unknown person says that " you really should hurry home, the food is getting cold" and cut the phone.

Terrified shenzu throws everything in hand including the gift and run towards the home as fast as he can. Somewhere from the past he recognizes that voice which gives him the negative feeling about him. Setting asides all those feelings he only concentrates on running and praying to the god that everything should be okay.

In all those bad feelings and praying he find himself on the front road of his house. With all that heavy breathing he properly looks in his front yard but there was no one.

The front door of the house was wide open and was covered with a pile of snow. On that pile of snow there were footprints of the shoes of different sizes. By looking at those footprints he predicts that the group of five to six men has broken into the house.

With a trembling leg and terrified voice, he calls out his wife's name. Maria... Maria where are you? But no one replied not even that unknows person.

He slowly marches towards the corridor looking over both the sides to secure himself from any attack if happens. That's when he notices the drops of blood on the floor. This blood drops were enough to scared him that something bad was happen while he was in the shop. Now at this point he loudly calls out for his wife. He kept repeating his wife's name again and again that when he heard the voice of glass breaking from kitchen.

He suddenly realizes that someone is in the kitchen. He quickly makes a run towards the kitchen without thinking it is a foe or friend. The scene before his eyes were shocking. All the cutlery and crockery are smashed on the ground, broken and the drops of blood was covering it. The window was wide open allowing snow to make its way in the kitchen and in all that bloody mess there was maria, lying on the ground unconscious.

Shenzu quickly make the move after seeing maria and clear the pile of broken glass to make his way to her. He sits besides her, holding her head in his laps which scared him more because her head was all covered with a blood. The blood was dripping from her forehead and the cut on her left eye was deep and big like someone hit her in the head with a heavy and sharp thing.