Chapter 2 : CURSE SEAL & POWERS

The dark narrative had taken a terrifying turn, and Shenzu's past had come back to haunt him in the form of Kurayami. The atmosphere grew even darker as the night went on, and the ultimate showdown between Shenzu and Kurayami loomed, with Sophia's fate hanging in the balance.

Kurayami, with his long black hair, thin beard, and a sharp jawline, stood at an imposing 6 feet 1 inch. His left eye remained hidden beneath his long black hair. But it wasn't just his appearance; his very presence can scare anyone to death.

"You thought I was dead, right? Well, I was but they made the deal with the death ripper itself," Kurayami confessed.

Shenzu's expression changed again, "No one can't make the deal with Shinigami," he asserted

"Yes there are few who can make the deal" – Kurayami corrects it. At this point we can say that they know each other from the past.

Who are they? Shenzu inquired

I myself don't know them. I am just a mere puppet, executing the orders given to me," replied kurayami.

"And what's your order for which they dig a monster like you from the grave," Shenzu asked, his voice trembling.

"Well, you know about it. After all, you are the one who was given the task to protect it," Kurayami responded.

Shenzu denied any knowledge, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"I am here to collect the information about the scroll".

At the mention of the scroll, Shenzu's eyes filled with dread. Memories of horrifying battles and death flashed before him. It was a past filled with darkness and destruction. He started to remember the horrifying moments from the past, something which brings death and death only and nothing more.

Shenzu started to remember the battle scene from the past, the people are getting killed, sorcerers begging for their life. The memories are not complete but seeing the face of him we can say it is not good, not at all.

"Why do you want that scroll?" Shenzu asked with a trembling voice.

"As I said, I am just a mere puppet following orders."

"Then you must know that I'd rather die than reveal the whereabouts of the Scrolls of Destruction," Shenzu declared.

Kurayami gives that evil smile again. Shenzu, shenzu, shenzu... you are still stubborn. Kurayami gets on his feet and walks behind the shenzu back slowly. The room grew colder and creepier as the snow continued to drift inside. The only sound was the ominous tap of Kurayami's footsteps, tuk, tuk, tuk... echoing in the silence.

"I've heard they placed a curse seal on you, right, Shenzu?"

(How did he know about the curse seal – Shenzu wondered)

Kurayami : Nah, Nah, Nah.. My apologies, Shenzu, I misspoke. You asked them to put a cursed seal on you." He spoke as he stood directly behind Shenzu.

Kurayami slowly leaned over to the shenzu's right ear, placing both of his hands on the shenzu's shoulders and started speaking in his ear directly, "Because you want to live a normal life, all that for the love of the mortal."

His voice sent chills directly into Shenzu's ear. Shenzu could feel the warmth of Kurayami's breath with every word.

"But you forget that with information like you possess, you can never live a normal life." Kurayami concluded, and with a full force, he tore the back of Shenzu's shirt.

A searing pain rushed over Shenzu as Kurayami revealed the curse seal on his back. It was far more terrifying than one might imagine and impossible to ignore.