Chapter 5: SHENZU SABAKI & ETRNAL SLEEP SPELL

"You will see, but first, call everyone," Elder Tenth ordered, his voice carrying the weight of impending revelations.

"Right, I will get everyone as soon as possible," Akira responded, but still confused about what is going on.

On gate number one, the guard returns with a sense of satisfaction that Shenzu is not a threat to the village.

"Easy, everyone," the guard ordered the other three. "He is a friend, not a foe," he assured everyone.

With a low and down voice, he says sorry to Shenzu and his family for all this trouble and with full courtesy welcomes all of them to Inunaki village.

That ninja woman also takes her knife out of Maria's neck and bows in front of Shenzu to apologize, but Shenzu stops her, "No need, it was your duty after all," Shenzu said.

After everything settled, the two guards opened the big gate of that Shenzu summon, which was made of full metal with ancient text and design on it hard to read for the normal or maybe for the people who are not from this village.

The two guards open the gate and welcome Shenzu to Inunaki village. As Shenzu was already a part of this village in the past, he was not that amazed, but for Maria, it was a totally different story.

She was amazed seeing the natural beauty that was covering the forest in front of her as soon as she entered.

The gate again disappeared leaving no trace of it, only the blank wall and nothing more.

The first thing that amazed Maria was the fragrance of the raw wet sand. Her nose was acting on its own, collecting every fragrance that she got.

But that was just a starting; her eyes were stunned and wide open seeing the beautiful scenario in front of her.

The big long trees with wide trunks and a lot of greenery on the top are just like bonsai but a hundred times bigger in size.

Small and shiny green grass on the ground complementing the wide trunk of the tree. It's like the acres of land were surrounded by this same beauty with only one small way that leads to the Inunaki village.

The thick forest of big trees was calm like water, so calm that she forgets what happened yesterday or the moment before she enters the gate. It's like her soul wants to stay in that forest forever.

The thickness of the leaf was stopping the direct contact of sunlight on the ground, causing sunlight to make its own way from the small holes and gaps from the leaf making its path all the way down to the soft green ground just like sharp golden arrows shoot from the sky to the ground. It was making the forest more heavenly and beautiful.

As they walk down that small path towards the Inunaki village, she can hear the beautiful sounds of the hummingbirds from all around the forest with the sounds of other birds like melody.

She can't hold herself and complement the beauty of nature with a sentence in a low voice, "Is this a Heaven?"

All that fragrance, eye-catching scenario, and melody make her feel like she is in the afterlife for a moment but not for so long as that path ends, and they find themselves standing in front of another gate bigger than the first one.

The heaven that Maria saw a few seconds ago was over, and now she finds herself back in the real world.

The gate was guarded by four guards, two on each side and on the command of the guard, the real gate of Inunaki Village was open.

"This way, Master Shenzu," the guard said. The other two guards and ninja women take their departure from that gate leaving only that guard to guide Shenzu.