Chapter 6 : UNCOVERING THE MYSTERY

Maria was following Shenzu each step like a shadow because she was confused and scared at the same time.

With full courtesy Shenzu bowed in front of that man and said, "I am back, Father," with a voice full of respect.

It turns out that he was Shenzu's father, Hiroshi Sabaki, who was completely out of words after seeing Shenzu after so long a time.

Hiroshi comes to his senses after seeing Maria and her baby. Shenzu didn't waste time and handed over Sofia to Hiroshi who was still in sleep.

"She is your granddaughter and currently under the Eternal Sleep spell; please hurry and break the spell." Shenzu requests his father.

This is the moment that everyone's eyes filled with shock and mystery at the same time.

Shock because Sofia is under the Eternal Sleep Spell, and Shenzu is Hiroshi Sabaki's son. And mystery because why after a decade Shenzu returns to the village.

For Maria, shock never stops. As soon as she enters the majestic hall with Shenzu, the first thing that frightens her is the size of the hall. It's likely that she never saw such a big hall in her entire life.

Seeing all those captains who were watching both of them gives her a creep as they all were heavily armed.

With her mouth shut and eyes down, all she did was follow Shenzu each step no matter where he went.

With her head down all she can see is the red carpet on the ground and Shenzu's leg that came to a halt after a few steps.

Maria lifted her head up and found out that Shenzu bowed before a man with full courtesy who was in shock seeing Shenzu.

As soon as Shenzu mentioned the word father, her mind was attacked by a series of infinite questions.

"Fa..fa...father?"

"Is this old man Shenzu's father?"

"No...no... not an old man, he is my father too, I mean father-in-law. Ahhhh, Maria don't mess up. You idiot Shenzu, could he have told me in advance that he has such a lively father."

There are still many questions that Maria was suffering through, but before getting any time to process those, Shenzu handed over Sofia to his father and said, "She is under the Eternal Sleep Spell."

Everyone, including Maria and Hiroshi, was shocked after finding out that Sofia is in the spell.

Hiroshi was still in shock, but hearing the word granddaughter, he gets in the action and checks Sofia on the same spot itself.

He called his servant who summoned with a stretcher. It takes a minute or two to check, but he assures Shenzu that she is not in danger.

"She may be under the spell, but it is a far weaker one," Hiroshi assured Shenzu.

But Maria, on the other hand, barged on Shenzu with anger.

"Did you know about the spell or whatever from the start?" Maria demands an answer.

"Yes, Maria, but calm down, she is fine, and this is the same reason I never told you about this," Shenzu replied calmly.

But before he finished his sentence, Maria held her head tightly like she was suffering from severe pain and collapsed on the ground next second.

Shenzu tried to reach her, but Hiroshi reached her first.

"How can you be so careless, Shenzu?" Hiroshi speaks with a heavy tone and calls other servants who get Maria on the stretcher.