36 | Vrushali surprises Karna

Karna smiled watching Gauri sleep soundly in his arms and kissed her forehead gently.."It feels like a dream, feeling her breath.."

"Karna?"

"Karna !!"

"Let me go inside.. It's urgent to meet him."

"You can't go inside.. It's Angraj's order", stated the soldier of Anga...After the events that occurred in the past few days, it was obvious that the king of Anga wouldn't be left alone without his soldiers to ensure his safety..

Highly alarmed with the concerned voice coming from the outside, Karna grabbed his angavastra, covered himself hurriedly and went out furiously..

Karna glared at the soldier and yelled,"What is this noise? I had said no to visitors."

Soldier apologised,"Kshama Angraj..A crazy young woman wanted to meet you...She said she is your---"

"A crazy young woman?" , the woman shouted...Karna looked at her direction and gasped,"Vrushali?" Her eyes softened after hearing her name from his mouth and instantly hugged him...He hesitated a bit and mumbled,"I didn't expect you to be here.."

She drifted away while staring at him and taunted with teary eyes,"Why not? Did you forget that we always stayed together in our childhood?"

Karna scratched his nape and joked,"We are not kids anymore."

"Yeah yeah", she grinned and pointed at his angavastra saying,"But you are half naked though" and bursted into laughter..

Karna embarassingly smiled and said,"I will talk to you later.." He signalled the soldier and ordered,"Take care of my very special friend.."

Vrushali held Karna's hand and started heading inside his room saying,"I ain't going anywhere..I will stay in your room..And by the way, there will be enough space for both of us.."

Karna panicked and tried to stop her...He denied while blocking her way,"Let's go somewhere else.." He grabbed her hand and dragged her towards the royal garden..

"But Karna-----"

"No but Vrushali"

"At least wear proper clothes idiot"

"No I'm fine..I feel suffocated inside my room..."

"What is wrong with you Vasusena? Leave my hand..I won't go anywhere else.. Believe me.."

"No..I have met you after months..I won't leave your hand."

"Where are you taking me to? Karna?"

"We will take a walk in garden.."

He left her hand as they reached the garden and looked at the sky..."What a pleasant weather..Right Vrushali?"

Vrushali stared at Karna suspiciously and hummed..Unable to withstand the awkwardness, Karna coughed and initiated the talk as they were walking,"I'm glad that you are here..How is everyone there?"

She lowly murmured,"After receiving the news, I couldn't stop myself from meeting you.." She led out a breath and chirped,"And I think it's the right time that we---"

Karna insisted,"That we? Which news?"

Vrushali smacked Karna's arm and teased,"Such a tease..Oh my my ! Don't try to act naive..You already know it but wish to listen from me huh?!"

Karna's demeanor turned serious..He sternly stated,"Be clear Vrushali...I have no idea..What are you talking about?"

Vrushali giggled shyly and held his hand in hers..Karna quizzically stared at her for a response...She muttered,"Our marriage has been fixed my Vasusena.."