10. The trip starts

"It's Jeongguk

"It's Jeongguk...Isn't it?" I stop my actions of petting Yeontan and look at Jimin. No words come out of my mouth as I was waiting for him to continue. I was wanting him to continue. To express my emotions in words because I wasn't able to.

"I saw how you reacted yesterday in cafeteria Tae" His voice was soft knowing very well what was right at this moment. Again...I said nothing.
"You were jealous."

Am I grateful that Jimin knows me so well to understand my emotions? Indeed I am. I just sigh and lean my head on his shoulder.

"It's okay Taehyungie... After all we all are just humans who are bound to feel emotions and jealously is one of them..."

"But I shouldn't be feeling like this. It's wrong. He is just my friend Jimin..." I speak for the first time. My voice low. Everytime I imagined Jeongguk like this, I felt like I was betraying him and our friendship.

"Emotions are not in our control Tae... and maybe he also-"

"He will never." I interrupt him before he could say anything that was not possible.

"But-"

"No Jimin... You wanted to know who it was and now you know. So let's stop here... and don't worry I will move on easily... " I remove my head from his shoulder and look at him, taking his hand in mine. I know he will get worried for me until I reassure him a million times.

He just smiles at me slightly and I do the same.

"Tae... Honey... Here are some snacks for you for the journey." My mom comes out with a tiffin box in her hands. Currently me and Jimin were sitting in the living room waiting for Yoongi hyung to come and pick us up. And he will also be there...
I have to face him again. My heart was beating fast. Day by day, It's getting hard to contain the sentiments within me. It feels like my heart is an inflating balloon being blown continuously...
Until it bursts.

I take the tiffin box from my mom's hands and keep it in my bag. Soon we hear a car parking in the driveway. Jimin excitedly gets up and runs to the door. My mom soon follows. I just sit there with Yeontan in my hands... Does it ever happen to you that when you have to leave your house for some days, you feel homesick all of a sudden? I was feeling the same. I did not want to leave the comforting aura of my parents and my home.

In the background, I could hear Jimin introducing my mom to Yoongi hyung and Jeongguk and then my mom inviting them in, saying, "You still have some time left kids... Sit here for a while"

And he comes in, perfect as usual. He smiles at me, waving his hand a little and then takes a seat beside me on the couch, now looking at the fluff ball in my hands.

"You didn't come on the door to receive me Tae..." You wanted me to? This thought alone made my insides churn.

"I- I am actually feeling a little homesick before going on this trip... " I awkwardly smile at him. He smiles back and says,

"It's okay Tae... By the way you didn't tell me you have a dog?" He rubs his hand on Yeontan's head, to which Yeontan barks, alarmed by the presence of a stranger (for him) near me, startling all of us present in the room.

"Seems like Taehyung's pup doesn't like you Jeongguk" Yoongi hyung laughs.

"It's nothing like that dear... Our Yeontannie is very protective of Tae... So whenever a stranger comes near, he barks at them... But soon he will be comfortable around you all." My mom says and takes Yeontan in her hands, who immediately calms down.

"I know, my dog Bam is also like this... He is in Australia with my parents right now" Jeongguk says.

"You lived in Australia dear?" Mom asks. And then she goes on and on asking about his history, his family's history, his dog's history, his maid's history, his non-existent cat's hist- you get me right? Just moms things... They want to know about everything...
I just sit there between them, seeing them get along with each other for the next few minutes.

Why is my head aching all of a sudden? I should really tell mom to consult a doctor for me after this trip...

"Is that Taehyung?"

"Yes that's Taehyung when he was two and half years old... isn't he the cutest baby?" My mom says suddenly. I look at her pointing at one of the photo frames kept at the table near the television.

"Indeed he is..."
Was it the sudden whisper of these words or the way he gazed at me, I felt all the blood rush to my cheeks. If I could, I would have just left everything then and there, run to my bedroom and scream my lungs out in the pillow. How could he make me feel so many emotions by just speaking three words... But aren't most of the emotions always woven in three words only...

I look at him with slight wide eyes as his gaze shifts to the picture, my mom was now pointing at.

"And that's him with Jiminie when they were ten... they met for the first time in middle school... and since then they-"

"Stuck together like gum!" Jimin interrupts my mom and exclaims... A laugh erupts in the room listening to that. The same time my mom ruffles my hair.

"Momm~ Don't ruin my hair~" I whine playfully to which she just laughs.

"Don't teach me you kiddo...I know you are anyways going to sleep throughout the journey and ruin your hair" She teases and I just sulk in my place.

"I guess we should get going now... It's about time" Yoongi hyung gets up and says. We all soon follow and walk to the door.
My mom hugs me and Jimin.

"Take care my babies" She kisses both of our cheeks and says.
"And Taehyung... don't forget to call your father upon reaching there. You know he is on a business trip so he will be free by the time you reach there. Ok honey?" I nod and give her one last hug before leaving my comfort place.

I get in the car and sit beside Jimin, who was extremely excited for this trip. Seeing everyone happy around me made me happy and now I was also looking forward to making new memories at this trip... Here we go!

---------------------------

For Taehyung, Jeongguk just considers him as his Fri(end)... 🤭

So excitted!!! Do vote and comment if you liked the chapter💗

~Momo💜