Chapter 1: Kim Minji

Some notes before the first chapter:
This book contains some misspells because I don't reread my work (I know I should😔)
This book also mentions harsh topics such as SA and self-harm, and abuse (it's my first time writing like that so it might be shit).
Lastly, this book has mature scenes, so if you are under 18, leave (I know nobody is going to listen to that; just read it😔)

Important Message: This book is based on the friendship of Minji and Hanni of NewJeans and is purely for entertainment and does not relate to the people featured in this book, nor do I believe that they have done any actions in this book. Learn to differentiate reality and fiction. I will not be making smut of Daerin (Danielle and Haerin) as they are still minors. This book also features other idols, and I do not ship them romantically with each other it's just because I stan them. Imma stop yapping and just enjoy

(minji pov)

At exactly 2:32 am, I was wide awake, unable to sleep no matter how hard I tried. Frustrated and restless, I reached for my phone, hoping for a distraction. I scrolled through social media, checked my emails, and even played a few mindless games, but my mind remained restless.

I attempted to soothe myself by listening to calming music and closing my eyes, but the silence in my room made the thoughts in my head even louder. The world around me seemed asleep, but I was the only one awake, struggling to find peace.

Feeling frustrated, I let out a groan and turned to my side. I was drawn to a soft knock on the door as I sat lost in my thoughts. I quickly looked towards the door, curious who could be knocking at this time of the night. 

A small, timid voice called out, "Mommy?" My heart skipped a beat as I recognized my son's voice, Minjun. Concerned, I sat up straight and turned towards the door, trying to figure out what could have brought him out of bed at such an hour. 

"Minjun, what are you doing up?" I asked with concern evident in my voice. I could see him shuffling his feet as he approached my bed, his face drawn in a worried frown. "I can't sleep. I keep hearing banging from next door," he replied, his voice barely above a whisper. 

I immediately got out of bed and walked up to him. "Alright, don't worry. I'll talk to them in the morning and ask them to keep the noise down. Do you want to sleep here with me tonight?" I offered, hoping to ease his anxiety.

 Minjun nodded gratefully, and I lifted him up and carried him to my bed. As he burrowed under the blankets, I tucked him in and sat beside him until he fell asleep. Then I laid down next to him. 

"Will Haerin be visiting tomorrow?" Minjun suddenly asked me. I turned to him. "I don't know yet. Maybe Chaewon will." I answered Minjun. He smiled while nodding. "Go to sleep, Jun." I said, closing my eyes.

-

As the alarm clock blared in my ear, I groggily opened my eyes and fumbled to turn it off. I wondered why I had placed it so close to my head. I sat up and looked at Minjun, still asleep, breathing slowly and steadily.

I nudged him slightly, and he shifted a little and rubbed his eyes before opening them. "Good morning," I said to him with a smile, hoping to start the day positively. 

Minjun looked at me with a sleepy grin and replied, "Good morning!" before slowly getting up and stretching his arms out. His eyes languidly scanned the room before finally getting up, his feet softly padding against the plush carpet. 

He hurriedly walked towards the door, turned the knob, and stepped out into the hallway. With determined steps, he quickly made his way to his own room, his mind preoccupied with whatever awaited him.

As I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling, my mind raced with a million thoughts. I was lost in contemplation, pondering the complexities of life and the meaning of my existence.