Call You My Wife

This was requested on Tumblr!

Enjoy!

You and Ruben had been together for three years, and always talked about traveling together. So when you finally had the chance to go on vacation, you decided to visit Paris, the city of love.

As you walked along the Seine, hand in hand, somthing seemed to change in Ruben. He would often squeeze your hand and stare at you when he thought you weren't looking. The one time you caught him you asked him if somthing was on his mind. His answer was unexpected.

"Will you merry me, like right now?"

"Um, what?"

You could always tell when Ruben was joking, mostly because it didn't happen alot, he tended to always have this serious demeanor going on for himself. But now, the way that he stared at you, streetlights illuminated his soft features, you weren't sure weather he was being serious or not.

"Ruben." You chuckled. "You can't be serious, can you?"

"Y/N, from the moment I met you, I knew that you were the one for me," Ruben said, taking your hands in his. "I love you more and more each day, and I can't imagine my life without you. Will you marry me?"

You were taken aback by the sudden proposal. One moment you had been enjoying a vacation and now you were being purpose to.

"Ruben, this is a surprise," You said, voice trembling. "I love you too, but can you explain why you want to get married so suddenly?"

Ruben smiled and took a deep breath. "I know it's sudden, but I can't wait to call you my wife,"

"Right."

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and I know that marriage is the next step for us. I promise to always love and support you, no matter what."

There was so much sincerity in his eyes, so much love and appreciation for you. You felt her heart flutter before the words came out, as if your body already knew whom it belong to. "Yes, I'll marry you," You said, tears of joy streaming down her face.

Ruben let out a sigh of relief and happiness, pulling you into a tight embrace. "Thank you, my love," he whispered. "I promise to make you happy for the rest of our lives."

You pulled away. "Don't think I'm the one calling my mother to tell her that I got married without her there."

Ruben smirked, revealing the dimple on his left cheek. "Fine, I'll do it. I'll take the heat. Anything for my wife."

As you hugged once more, the Eiffel Tower shone brightly in the background, serenading another victim of the city of love.