Rivers and Snakes

Kris took in all the sights around her. This felt normal to her. It felt like she belonged down on Earth. The cool breeze hit her face. She heard boys laughing off to the side of her. Her head turned to see what they were doing. Being stupid was her answer.

"What are you guys doing?" She shoved her hands in her jacket pockets.

"Jumping over the fire. What does it look like?" A boy answered.

"Being incredibly stupid is what it looks like. One wrong move, and your pants will burn along with your skin." She looked him up and down. She wasn't very tall. She averaged around 5 feet and 4 inches. Most of the guys surrounding her were pushing 6 feet.

"Well, Red, why don't you brave the fire. Jump it." He challenged her. He moved closer to her and leaned on the fallen tree. He gave her a sly smirk.

"Maybe I will." She stepped closer to him. "Or maybe I could use my brain and not burn on my first day of freedom." She brushed past him, walking away from the group.

"Dude, Devin, if that's your way of flirting, you better step up your game." The boy's buddy slapped him on the back. He watched her walk away.

"Yeah, just you wait. She won't know what hit her." He smirked and jogged up to her. "Hey, where are you going?"

"Somewhere." she simply said continuing walking. She paid no mind to him.

"Well, we haven't properly met." He walked in front of her. "Devin. Devin Marks."

"Cool." She raised her eyebrows, and continued walking.

"You know," he caught up with her again, "that is usually when you say 'Hello I'm the mysterious red headed girl who acts all bitchy to guys I find attractive.'" He mimicked her voice.

"One," she stopped and faced him, "I don't sound like that. Two, maybe don't call the girl you're trying to flirt with bitchy."

"Well, you've given me no name, Red, so I'll just have to make one up." He started to pretend to think. Kris rolled her eyes.

"Great, that sounds like a great way to stay busy. I've got to go." She turned around.

"Where?" He threw his hands up.

"Somewhere away from this conversation." She called over her shoulder.

_________________________________

Kris found a broken piece of metal. She climbed a tree, and began. carving into the side of it.

"Screw your father." She heard from down below. She peered over the side of her branch to see a gathering around Wells and the dropship. She sighed, and climbed down. "You think you're in charge here? You and your little princess?"

"No, he doesn't" Kris planted her feet on the ground. "Why do we need someone in charge?" Octavia glared in disgust.

"We don't care who's in charge." Clarke cut in. "We need to focus on getting to mount weather. Not because the chancellor said so, but because the longer we wait, the hungerier we'll get and the harder this will be. How long do you think we will last without those supplies? We are looking at a 20 mile trek, ok? So if we want to get there before dark, we need to leave now."

"I got a better idea." Bellamy joined in. "You two go, find it for us. Let the privileged do the hard work for a change." The crowd responded in a large 'yeah'.

"You're not listening. We all need to go." Wells declared. A delinquent known as John Murphy stepped forward.

"Look at this chancellor of Earth." he shoved Wells.

Devil In Disguiseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें