Girls and Cats

Clarke and Finn had found the other five and said they had an idea of where Jasper was.

"And how do we know this is the right way?" Murphy broke the silence of the walk.

"We don't. Spacewalker thinks he's a tracker." Bellamy looked at Finn.

"I have an idea." Kris interrupted. "Murphy take a nice stroll out that way. We'll know we are close if a spear flies through your chest."

"You know Red if it'll shut you up, gladly." He glared at her. The two of them fought like siblings.

"Would you keep it down, or should I paint a target on your backs." Finn looked at blood on some leaves. "It's fresh." Clarke and Finn bent down and looked at each other.

"See, you're invisible." Bellamy leaned over to Wells. Little did he know Kris stood right next to him silently wishing Finn would look at her like that. A moan was heard in the distance.

"Jasper." Kris gasped. She took off in that direction, and everyone followed behind. She came through a clearing and everyone stopped behind her. She was in shock at the sight of her friend strung up in a tree. "Hang on." She moved closer to the tree taking note of the spikes surrounding it.

"Kris, be careful." Finn whispered. She slowly made her way through the traps.

"Kris, get back here before you get yourself killed." Devin called after her.

"Nah, man let her go." Murphy watched in awe as she made her way through the maze of traps. Kris made it close to the tree. She turned and faced them and smiled.

"Follow my steps and you're good." She took a deep breath. Something below her creaked. She looked down as the ground beneath her disappeared. Her screams were heard.

"Kris!" they all shouted. They made it to the hole.

"I'm okay." She called up. "I think my ankle is broken though." She cradled it in pain. She was trapped in a deep narrow hole, and the people at the top were just visible.

"We will get Jasper down, then get you out." Clarke called down.

"Alright, I'll be here." She continued holding her ankle. The group moved away. All but one. "Devin, go get Jasper." She called up.

"No, they've got enough. Someone should stay here and make sure a moleman doesn't snatch you." he joked.

"Ha ha. Hilarious." She sarcastically laughed.

"I'm serious. It could grab you, and you could be gone in the blink of an eye." He continued. From up top, Bellamy glared at the boy having a conversation with the girl in the hole.

"Marks, on me." Bellamy called to Devin. He looked up to see Bellamy glaring at him.

"He's fine." Clarke stopped Bellamy. We have enough help. "Devin start thinking of how to get her out of there." Clarke told Devin. He nodded in understanding, and looked back down at Kris.

"Whatever you say princess." Bellamy sighed pushing past her.

Kris and Devin practically spent the whole time talking. He was trying to distract her from the pain of her ankle, and evidently it was working because she was smiling and laughing. Her smile faded when even in the deep hole, she heard a low growl.

"Devin what was that? What's going on?" She looked up. She ended up standing up. She saw the expression in his face change.

"Uhhh, stay here. I mean don't go anywhere. Wait, just hang on." He stood up and moved away from the hole. Screaming was heard, and then gunshots. Multiple gunshots.