6- Betrayed?

Akansha was sitting in her room thinking about her future when she heard the door knock, her parents entered the room and she said.

"Arre mumma-papa aap? Kya hua koi kaam hai?"

Her father replied sitting beside her caressing her head gently

"Hume kya apni beti se milne ke liye koi reason ki zaroorat hai"

"Arre nhi, of course not"

"Accha tell me, how was your exam?"

"It was good"
she said trying to keep her face neutral and not remember the incident that occurred after exam.

"Vese aane mein itni late kese ho gyi"
this time it was her mother

"Voh meine message kiya toh tha, late exam tha na toh hum celebrate karne Gaye the ek restaurant mein"

"Arre koi baat nhi, ye toh bahut acchi baat hai"
her father said backing her.

"By the way Akansha do you remember you went on the trip on one condition"

"Yes mumma, I remember"

"So we were thinking that-"

"Beta there's no pressure but we think you should get married, if not married then at least get engaged. We don't want to put you under any pressure but you know the society right"
her father said interrupting her mother's talk

"Even Prisha got married at 21 and you are 22 now, it's high time now"

"Bu..but how can I? M..my Stu..studies?"

"What do you mean by studying? No studies, jitna padhna tha padhli bas-"

"Shut up Sumti, how can you speak like that to your own child."
He said shutting her mother off and then turned to you.

"Beta we'll find a family that supports your studies, we're ready to pay the fees of your college even after the marriage"

"Thank you papa" she said hugging her father, her hero and her all-time saviour

"Toh hum rishta dekhna shuru karde?"

She just nodded to her father's words as he stroked her head one last time before leaving the room with her mother.

As soon as they left, she stood up locking the door she dialed Kabir's number.

"H...hello K...Kabir"

"Hn meri jaan, kya hua?
Sab theek hai na?"

"Kabir voh na abhi mumma-papa aaye the, sh...shaadi ki baat kar rahe the. Voh kehe rahe the ki voh mere liye rishta dhoondhna start kar rahe hai. Kabir mujhe bahut Darr lagra hai"
She said as she started sobbing

"Aku don't worry, calm down.
Mein kuch karta hu tum please
itna stress mat lo, it is not good for
yours and the baby's health"

"Tumne apne parents se baat
ki? Kya kaha unhone"

"Nhi abhi toh nhi ki but jaldi hi karoonga tum tension mat lo"

"Hm ok"

"Ab tum jao and sleep ok? Good Night"