Chapter 6: Extracurricular

A/N: INTRO 0:00-1:50

In Goodwitch's fight class, Pyrha had just defeated all of Team CRDL in a 1v4. Cardin was left panting on his hands and knees. Goodwitch then walked up onto the stage/arena.

Goodwitch: "And, that's the match."

Cardin: "Lucky shot."

He then fell over and passed out.

Goodwitch: "Well done. Ms. Nikos. You should have no problem qualifying for the tournament."

Pyrha: "Thank you, professor."

Goodwitch then turned her attention to the front of the audience.

Goodwitch: "All right, now I know that's a tough act to follow. But we have time for one more sparring match. Any volunteers?"

She the looked up to the area where both teams RWBY ad SPRK, minus Percy.

Goodwitch: "No Percy today? He'd be the one to take that chance."

The boys looked at the spot where Percy would be sitting, and sighed. Goodwitch the looked over at the girls.

Goodwitch: "Ms. Belladonna? You and Mr. Donegan have been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you-"

Mercury: "I'll do it."

He said as he shot his hand up.

Goodwitch: "Mercury, is it? Very well. Let's find you an opponent."

Kai then stood up.

Kai: "Don't gotta worry about that. I've been itching to toss my chakrams at something."

He then turned to look at Mercury.

Kai: "That is, if you're up to being a moving target."

Ranger: "Hey, that's my line."

Mercury: "Wasn't my first choice. But what the heck, I'll play along."

Goodwitch: "Then it's decided. The next match will be Kai Lannister and Mercury Black. Both of you make your way to the locker rooms. Ms. Nikos, you can head back up to the seats."

Both boys then walked to the locker rooms. Pyrha made her way back up to the seats. Minutes later, Kai and Mercury walked to their sides with their combat gear on and weapons at the ready.

Ranger: "Kick his butt, fire boy!"

Kai: "Hey, good luck."

Mercury: "Thanks. You too. You've got the patterns down good for these fights, you're gonna be tough to beat."

They both smiled and nodded at each other signaling that they're ready. Mercury then got into a hand to hand combat stance, while Kai squared down a little and held his right arm foward with a chakram, and his left arm behind with a chakram.

They both ran at each other, and struck weapons against each other. Kai then, with his free arm, turned around and sliced at Mercury's leg. It hit his weapon though. It was similar to Yang's, but around his ankles. Mercury then recoiled by spinning like a log on the floor, and did some backflips to keep distance from each other. They both stared at each other waiting for one of them to make a move. Kai then ran up to him, and blocked a kick with one of his chakrams. He then blocked another blow from the knee. And again, and again, until Kai decided to go on the offensive. He then began to swing his chakrams at Mercury, but he blocked them with his legs. Kai then put both chakrams together, and pushed Mercury a good three to five yards away. Mercury then shook his head, liking the way Kai wet onto the offensive.

Back in the stands, Ruby turned to look at Emerald.

Ruby: "Hey, your friends doing pretty good."

Emerald then fake smiled. As soon as Ruby turned her head, Emerald rolled her eyes and dropped the smile.